Non-stick pans and cookwares are a wonder for modern-day cooking. You may have been cleaning the inner surface regularly. And it does not even require much since there is a layering of non-stick. But what about the outer layer?
Due to regular uses a layer of greasy deposits and burnt organic layer forms on the bottom and outer covering. That is why you should know how to clean non-stick pans from the outside using day-to-day ingredients.
It is important because the grease and burned organic layer end up consuming more heat and avoid the heat flow to the inner layer of the pan. Hence, a lot of extra fuel and energy gets wasted and it takes much longer to cook the food on such uncleaned pans.
How to Prevent Water Spots on Stainless Steel Sink
Why does My Tap Water Smells Like Rotten Eggs
Melamine Cabinets Vs Wooden Cabinets
- 1 15 Effective Ways To Clean Non-Stick Pans From Outside
- 1.1 1. Immediate cleaning using soap-water
- 1.2 2. Degreasing by using White Vinegar
- 1.3 3. Cleaning the stubborn stains using Baking Soda
- 1.4 4. Combination of Vinegar and Baking Soda
- 1.5 5. Using a mixture of different cleaning agents
- 1.6 6. How to clean a nonstick pan with salt from the outside?
- 1.7 7. Using a homemade cleaning solution
- 1.8 8. Using the Tomato ketchup
- 1.9 9. Cleaning with Cream of Tartar
- 1.10 10. Soda water or cold drinks
- 1.11 11. Authorized Cleanser for Non-stick Pan
- 1.12 12. Cleaning the stains using Oven cleaner
- 1.13 13. Using a high-end power cleanser for cookware
- 1.14 14. Conventional Dishwashing Liquid Soap Technique
- 1.15 15. Using Lemon juice and powder dishwasher
- 2 Conclusion
15 Effective Ways To Clean Non-Stick Pans From Outside
Cleaning the bottoms and outside of the Non-stick pans can be lengthy and hassling. But knowing the correct way to apply the correct method can get this job done in no time.
1. Immediate cleaning using soap-water
After cooking or frying something on a non-stick pan a layer of burnt grease gets deposited on the bottom. It gets hardened with time and delay. Therefore, you have to initially remove it properly. But how do you get burnt grease off the outside of a frying pan? Hot water can be used effectively for this purpose.
- In a metallic container boil a certain amount of water.
- Mix a decent amount of liquid soap into the water.
- You can use silicone scrubbing gloves or a metallic scrubber to scrub the outside of the pan with soapy water.
- Use as much soapy solution as required, but do not over scrub the area. Otherwise, it may damage the surface.
2. Degreasing by using White Vinegar
The grimy and greasy layers are mostly burnt organic compounds. Therefore, something mild acidic can be used to counter this type of sticky grease. White Vinegar is a common household used cooking and cleaning material as well. It is an organic acid containing 6-7% of Acetic acid.
- In a large container pour a sufficient amount of water to submerge the pan upside down.
- After that, pour the White Vinegar in a ratio of 1:2 with the water. Mix the solution carefully.
- Set the pan and inside the solution for about 30mins or more.
- The greasy layer will come off the surface of the pan. Use soft scrubbing material to remove all the grease.
- Finally, use fresh running water to clean up the remaining leftovers.
3. Cleaning the stubborn stains using Baking Soda
After degreasing the bottom, the burnt and oily stains of cooking will be exposed. You may wonder how do you remove stubborn stains from non-stick pans? To remove or clean these, we can use Baking soda as it is a pretty strong basic medium. Paste of baking soda has a pH that is effective against stubborn stains.
- In a container pour a sufficient amount of warm water with a temperature around 70 degrees of celsius.
- Pour a certain amount of baking soda in the ratio of 3:1 to the water.
- Mix well to develop a paste of baking soda.
- Then spread a thick layer of the paste of the baking soda on the pan by turning it upside down.
- Leave the paste to settle down and wait for around 15-20 min.
- Using an anti-scratch sponge or scrubber, remove the paste of the baking soda and wash thoroughly with running water.
4. Combination of Vinegar and Baking Soda
The stubborn stains are tough to remove. A stronger cleaning agent is required to remove those. A question may arise about how to clean the non-stick pan bottom. We can use a solution of baking soda and white vinegar to clean the stains for good.
- In a large pot, pour a decent amount of white vinegar.
- Then add a sufficient amount of baking soda until the decomposition reaction gets started.
- Place your non-stick pan inside the solution by turning it upside down.
- Now, place the entire apparatus on a stove and light fire in a decent amount.
- A fizzy reaction will take place on the pan surface and stains. The carbonic acid produced from the reaction will remove the stains effectively.
- Sodium acetate also helps in stain removal which is a by-product of the chemical reaction.
5. Using a mixture of different cleaning agents
After using a pan for a long time, a layer of burnt material gets deposited on it. You may question yourself about how to clean non-stick pans with burnt-on. A very strong cleaning agent is required for such cases. In this phenomenon, we will use White vinegar, baking soda, and dishwashing soap as well.
- First, place your non-stick pan inside the washing sink, turning it upside down.
- Rinse the bottom surface with fresh water.
- Spread the bottom with a sufficient amount of baking soda powder.
- Using a sprinkler, spread White vinegar all over the surface.
- As soon as the fizzing reaction gets started, pour a few drops of normal dishwashing liquid soap.
- Scrub using a non-scratch sponge until you get the expected result.
- Finally, rinse off the pan by running fresh water.
6. How to clean a nonstick pan with salt from the outside?
Normal table salt (Sodium Chloride) or Kosher salt can be used as a good cleaning agent.
- Sprinkle a sufficient amount of kosher salt on the pan.
- Add drops of lemon to the bottom surface.
- Cut a potato in half, and scrub the surface of the pan using the potato.
- Rinse the pan using fresh running water.
7. Using a homemade cleaning solution
You can make your own cleaning agent using fresh lemon, vinegar, and baking soda.
- Firstly, spread baking soda powder all over the stained area.
- Add sufficient drops of Vinegar to turn it into a paste.
- Using a half-cut lemon, scrub the stained area thoroughly to remove all the stains.
- Leave the pan for 30 min and then rinse it off.
8. Using the Tomato ketchup
Tomato ketchup contains around 2% of Acetic acid. Therefore, you can use it as a cleaning agent for metallic stains.
- Pour ketchup on the stained areas carefully.
- Leave the pan to allow the ketchup to settle down and start a reaction with the stain.
- Use a sponge or soft cleaning scrub to remove all the stains.
- Finally, use the running water to rinse and clean the pan completely.
9. Cleaning with Cream of Tartar
The Cream of tartar contains a salt of Potassium which is highly reactive against metallic stains.
- In a container, add a Cream of Tartar and 3 times of water to make a paste.
- Spread the paste on the Pan and leave it to settle down for 1-2 hours
- Scrub the pan bottom using an anti-scratch sponge and plastic scraper. This shall remove the burnt stains very easily.
10. Soda water or cold drinks
Carbonated waters are a good source of cleaning agents. It reacts vigorously with the metallic and ceramic stains and cuts them off.
- In a large pot, pour a sufficient amount of cold drink such as Coca-cola.
- Place the pan inside the liquid and leave it for a while.
- Bubbling will start that shows a reaction with the stain.
- After proper scrubbing, rinse the pan with water.
11. Authorized Cleanser for Non-stick Pan
In the local and online marketplace, you will get high-end cleansers. Barkeeper’s friend is such a type of cleanser for cookware.
- Apply the powder to the surface where it is highly stained.
- Pour a few drops of water or lemon and let the paste sit for a while.
- Using a non-abrasive sponge or scrubber, clean the stained areas with soft rubbing.
- Lastly, clean the surface using a running water jet.
12. Cleaning the stains using Oven cleaner
Oven cleaners are highly reactive and support only hard metallic surfaces. Do not use it unless your non-stick pan allows it.
- On a soft, non-scratch scrubber, pour the oven cleaner solution.
- Rub the stains on the bottom of the non-stick pans.
- Do not over-pressurize the surface while scrubbing.
- Rinse the pan with clean water.
13. Using a high-end power cleanser for cookware
Bon Ami is a popular and effective power-based cleanser for sensitive cookware. It is better to read the disclaimer and warning from the manufacturer before using it.
- Spread the cleansing powder on the stained surface of the non-stick pan.
- Sprinkle a small number of water drops on the pan surface to style down the paste.
- Then, leave the pan for 10-15 min only.
- Gently, scrub the pan surface using a high-quality soft sponge for cleaning.
14. Conventional Dishwashing Liquid Soap Technique
It is not recommended to use a dishwasher against cast iron-made pans. But aluminium and stainless steel can be used conveniently.
- Pour some amount of dishwasher on a scrubbing sponge.
- Add a few drops of water to the sponge and make it soapy.
- Rub the pan thoroughly using the sponge until stains are gone.
- Finally, clean the pan with clean tap water.
15. Using Lemon juice and powder dishwasher
- Spread the powder soap on the stained areas of the pan.
- Squeeze the lemon to pour the drops of it onto the pan.
- Use the squeezed lemon to scrub the pan surface thoroughly.
- Lastly, use running tap water to clean up the remaining leftovers.
Non-stick pans are quite expensive. It is easy to cook on non-stick pans and so stains also deposit on it easily. The burnt grease and oily stains can damage the material of your pan. That is why you have to keep the non-stick pan clean after every use.
For this, you should have a clear concept of how to clean non-stick pans from the outside.
This article provides you with the fifteen most friendly ways to clean non-stick pans. Hence, your money and fuel energy will be saved if you follow the processes step by step.