Hygiene is the key to good health. Not only personal hygiene should be our topmost priority but also a clean and hygienic space to live and work is essential for a good lifestyle. Moreover, unclean rooms or places to be in are big deteriorating elements for the mood and mental state of most people.
However, even with the best floor cleaner machine, many times it becomes difficult to clean up our places since most of the objects around us have different textures and features.
The floor surfaces in our homes are different for different rooms being made of concrete, wood, vinyl tiles, ceramic tiles, grout or terrazzo. Also, the carpets and matting’s have characteristics of their own.
So, do you think you can afford to have different cleaning machines for each of these surfaces in your homes? The solution to this problem of yours is buying the best multi surface floor cleaning machine.
- 1 What is the Best Multi Surface Floor Cleaning Machine to Buy?
- 2 Top 10 Best and Top Rated Multi Surface Floor Cleaning Machine Comparison Table
- 3 Top Rated & Best Multi Surface Floor Cleaning Machines in 2021
- 3.1 1. Best Overall: Shark Rotator TruePet
- 3.2 2. Best Budget Vacuum: BISSEL Cleanview Swivel Pet
- 3.3 3. Best Cordless Vacuum: Dyson Cyclone V10 Vacuum Cleaner
- 3.4 4. All in One Floor Cleaning Machine: Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum
- 3.5 5. Best Lightweight: MOOSOO Cordless 4 in 1 Vacuum
- 3.6 6. Best Steam Cleaner: Dupray Neat Multipurpose Cleaner
- 3.7 7. Best Carpet & Hard Floor Cleaning Machine: Tineco A11 Hero Cordless Vacuum
- 3.8 8. Best Multi Purpose Floor Cleaner: McCulloch MC1275 Heavy Duty Cleaner
- 3.9 9. Best Upright Vacuum: Eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed
- 3.10 10. Best Budget Cordless: APOSEN 4 in 1 Stick Vacuum
- 3.11 Do stick vacuums work on carpet?
- 3.12 Which Shark vacuum is the best on hard and carpeted floors?
- 3.13 How often should you vacuum hardwood floors?
- 3.14 Is it better to vacuum or sweep hardwood floors?
- 3.15 Buying guide for the best multi-surface floor cleaning machine
- 3.16 Tips for cleaning with multi surface floor vacuum
- 3.17 Final Words
What is the Best Multi Surface Floor Cleaning Machine to Buy?
In order to different types of floor here we feature 10 best multi surface floor cleaning machines. No matter you are looking for stick, canister, cordless vacuum or stream cleaner, you can easily select your desired machine from here easily.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: Shark Rotator TruePet
“The Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and HEPA filter are great technological advancements for living in a truly healthy environment.”
- Best Budget Vacuum: BISSEL Cleanview Swivel Pet
“This lightweight and swivel steering vacuum can reach hidden pet hair with a very wide brush roll and scatter-free technology”
- Best Cordless Vacuum: Dyson Cyclone V10 Vacuum Cleaner
“The suction power is strong, and on being cordless it becomes handy to use. Great buy for hardwood, carpet and pet hair.”
- All in One Floor Cleaning Machine: Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum
“The suction is powerful with sturdy Vortex Motor System and six suction settings. It decreases the suction power when one moves from hard surfaces to carpets.”
- Best Lightweight: MOOSOO Cordless 4 in 1 Vacuum
“Powerful and advaced suction power, cordless and easily maneuver for smooth cleaning through the whole house.”
- Best Steam Cleaner: Dupray Neat Multipurpose Cleaner
“The superheated steam with actually low moisture, and free from chemicals clean granite, marble, and walls, cars, windows, mattresses, furniture and more.”
- Best Carpet & Hard Floor Cleaning Machine: Tineco A11 Hero Cordless Vacuum
“Class-leading suction to remove more pet hair. It can easily reach crevices, corners, stairs on conversion to a handheld vacuum cleaner.”
- Best Multi Purpose Floor Cleaner: McCulloch MC1275 Heavy Duty Cleaner
“McCulloch Heavy Duty include steam cleaner, carrying handle, extension wands, mop heads, a triangle brush, steam jet nozzle, squeegee, water funnel, and a measuring cup among other things.”
- Best Upright Vacuum: Eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed
“The lightweight, wide nozzle, height adjustment settings and washable filters all make cleaning very convenient.”
- Floor Cleaner Machine for Home: APOSEN 4 in 1 Stick Vacuum
“The round brush facilitates cleaning in fabric materials and other particles like food residue, pet hair and like material.”
Top 10 Best and Top Rated Multi Surface Floor Cleaning Machine Comparison Table
||Shark Rotator TruePet||
||Check Best Price|
||BISSEL Cleanview Swivel Pet||
||Check On Amazon|
||Dyson Cyclone V10 Vacuum Cleaner||
||Check On Amazon|
||Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum||
||Check On Amazon|
||MOOSOO Cordless 4 in 1 Vacuum||
||Check On Amazon|
||Dupray Neat Multipurpose Cleaner||
||Check On Amazon|
||Tineco A11 Hero Cordless Vacuum||
||Check On Amazon|
||McCulloch MC1275 Heavy Duty Cleaner||
||Check On Amazon|
||Eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed||
||Check On Amazon|
||APOSEN 4 in 1 Stick Vacuum||
||Check On Amazon|
Top Rated & Best Multi Surface Floor Cleaning Machines in 2021
1. Best Overall: Shark Rotator TruePet
This is a full-sized 2 in 1 Powered LiftAway upright vacuum great cleaner with a detachable canister for portable cleaning. The dust cup capacity is 1.5 quarts the product is equipped with Advanced Swivel Steering and powerful LED lights.
- The detachable canister makes it easy to reach all the areas.
- The Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and HEPA filter system.
- Switching from hard floor to carpet mode can be done with the touch of a button
- The LED lights show everything on the floor that’s otherwise not visible, even the minute dog hair.
- The Dyson suction might be too big for some carpets.
- The clip that’s supposed to hold the hose from moving about does not remain attached and has to be attached regularly.
2. Best Budget Vacuum: BISSEL Cleanview Swivel Pet
BISSEL Cleanview might be designated as the best floor cleaner machine when it comes to picking up pet hair. It features a multi-cyclonic suction system and a triple action brush which can loosen, lift, and remove the fixed dirt and hair.
- It can reach hidden pet hair with a very wide brush roll and scatter-free technology
- The design is lightweight and gives swivel steering which makes it easy to use.
- The filter is washable and ensures above the floor cleaning.
- It is free of mess with a dirt bin that can be very easily emptied.
- The bands break and are not very easy to change.
- The design might turn out to be fragile for robust use.
3. Best Cordless Vacuum: Dyson Cyclone V10 Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson Cyclone is a lightweight cordless stick-type vacuum cleaner that provides 60 minutes of running time when a nonmotorized tool is used. There’s the Dyson digital motor V10 which is designed to remove all the dirt from floors and carpets.
- The stuff nylons bristles can catch small dirt particles from the carpets
- Bin volume is 0.2 gallons and it has a hygienic point and shoot bin emptying
- The suction power is strong, and on being cordless it becomes handy to use.
- It requires a minimum 3.5 hours of charging before first use.
- The push-button must be held continually for running the vacuum
- Dual batteries are not there.
4. All in One Floor Cleaning Machine: Miele Complete C3 Canister Vacuum
Miele C3 a canister type vacuum cleaner that characterizes an Electro Comfort electro-brush with which you can easily clean rugs, smooth floors and carpets with low to medium piles. The electro-brush is a tool with a floating head and swiveling neck design.
The suction is also powerful, thanks to the sturdy Vortex Motor System.
- The motor is silent with speed controllers
- It automatically decreases the suction power when one moves from hard surfaces to carpets.
- The Parquet Twister gives you real flexible and complete cleaning.
- The stainless steel wand with an operating radius of 36 feet is a pleasure for cleaning on height.
- The wand and power-brush are not appropriately connected and it might become a struggle to get it to work.
- The powerhead to be used on carpets is big and heavy
- There’s only one bag that comes with the vacuum so a number of them might have to be purchased.
5. Best Lightweight: MOOSOO Cordless 4 in 1 Vacuum
This is the best hard surface floor cleaning machine that could be easily handheld and is suitable for hard floor as well as carpet surfaces. The long-lasting and detachable battery, powerful suction, feasible cordless usage, and high-efficiency cyclone with HEPA filtration systems all make this product a strong contender for multi surface floor cleaner machine.
- The motor is really powerful and advanced.
- Light beige, flat piles, and carpet runners can be cleaned very well along with the hard surfaces like wood and tile.
- Swivel makes cleaning easier.
- Surprisingly efficient and lightweight for the affordable price it costs.
- Being cordless, it can easily be taken to different rooms and the battery pops out automatically when it needs charging.
- Replacing the filter after about 2-3 months to ensure high-quality performance.
- It is not wet proof.
6. Best Steam Cleaner: Dupray Neat Multipurpose Cleaner
This steam cleaner is not just meant for floor cleaning but also it can clean cars and other objects in the home. It comes with a retractable handle, a power cord of about 2 m and a large capacity tank up to 1600 ml and gives a cleaning time of about 50 min.
These and many other customer oriented features of the Dupray Neat Multipurpose make it one of the best multi surface floor cleaner machine.
- The superheated steam with actually low moisture, and free from chemicals.
- It can work on almost all surfaces including floors of granite, marble, and walls, cars, windows, mattresses, furniture and more.
- The long cord, extreme lightweight, retractable handle, and ability to run on water, all make it very easy to use
- It can also deodorize the surfaces and remain the smell of pet urine.
- It does not have a suction function.
- The unit handle heats up to give a little discomfort.
- Though it gives value for money, it is costlier than other cleaners.
7. Best Carpet & Hard Floor Cleaning Machine: Tineco A11 Hero Cordless Vacuum
This is a high-performance cordless vacuum cleaner that comes with a 450 W motor and suction power of about 120 W. This a stick vacuum cleaner with a large dustbin of 0.6 L. The technology of Tineco A11 Hero uses its innovative approach to cater to the human ease and thus make the cleaner smarter and easier to use.
- The surfaces can be thoroughly cleaned with the help of high power motor and suction.
- The battery lasts for 50 minutes for uninterrupted cleaning.
- It can easily reach crevices, corners, stairs on conversion to a handheld vacuum cleaner.
- The battery life initially remains at 30 minutes, but then increases with the use.
- It produces a little irritating sound.
8. Best Multi Purpose Floor Cleaner: McCulloch MC1275 Heavy Duty Cleaner
This is a high-quality steam cleaner that comes with 18 versatile accessories and gives effective steam cleaning for most of the surfaces like floors, automobiles, counters, furniture, appliances, windows, and even BBQ grill. The power cord is 15 feet long, the water tank has a capacity of 48 ounces, and there are compartments to store the 18 accessories.
- It can be used on almost any surface you can think of – acrylic parts on appliances or the leaves of your artificial plants.
- Bed bugs can be stunned and blown away with the spray nozzle.
- There are scrub pads, and brush which can remove grease and grime easily.
- For sucking up the dirty water, a shop vac may have to be used.
- It takes 8 minutes to heat up.
9. Best Upright Vacuum: Eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed
The Eureka PowerSpeed is a powerful vacuum cleaner with a robust motor and brush-roll that can easily remove hard and heavy collected matter from the surfaces of your home. The capacity is huge that of 4.1 L and wattage is 960 W.
It comes with multiple accessories like quick-release, a crevice tool, and upholstery tool all to clean hard to reach areas.
- The suction is powerful and provides the utmost clean surfaces.
- The large capacity gives the advantage that there has to be less frequent emptying and cleaning can be done uninterrupted.
- It comes with height adjustment settings.
- It is very intuitive to assemble.
- There are proper compartments for all the tools.
- The lightweight, wide nozzle, and washable filters all make cleaning very convenient.
- The extension hose is short for reaching high places.
- The material of the plastics is such that it might break on a fall, and hence it should be used with care.
10. Best Budget Cordless: APOSEN 4 in 1 Stick Vacuum
The Aposen Cordless Vacuum Cleaner boasts its powerful suction of 18Kpa with 250W and a brushless motor. It is stick based and handheld, appropriate to use for hard floors and carpets both. It is most suited for you if you want to give less space to a vacuum cleaner in your home. The slender design also comes with an extendable pole of up to 4.65 ft.
- It produces almost no sound while working.
- It offers clear air by incorporating the features of HEPA and sponge filter.
- Cleaning is very efficient with a flexible brush head, and full size LED lights to find the dirt and dust in dark places.
- The round brush facilitates cleaning in fabric materials and other particles like food residue, pet hair and like material.
- The design can be easily converted between a handheld vacuum and floor vacuum.
- For effective usage, the trash has to be emptied in the dust cup after every use.
- The HEPA and back cylindrical sponge also require cleaning while emptying the trash.
Do stick vacuums work on carpet?
Multiple surface wet and dry stick vacuum cleaners work the best on the carpet. As these are known as stick vacuums, so the answer to the question is yes, stick vacuums work. But it should be a wet and dry vacuum cleaner. The specialty of these stick vacuums are they do dry dusting and wet mopping together. Nothing is impossible for these vacuums to filter and wipe away from the delicate, pricey carpet and rug from dust to spilled tea and pet hair. The texture and quality of the carpet require gentle cleaning and quick drying. Such a stick vacuum, though, is a multi surface floor cleaner machine but works best to reach deeper and thoroughly clean the carpet and rug without damaging them.
Which Shark vacuum is the best on hard and carpeted floors?
Shark APEX Upright Vacuum is the best on both hard and carpeted floors. So, if you have adorned the floors with carpets and rugs, no need to switch between multiple machines. Shark APEX deep cleans the whole house’s flooring, which includes the carpets and bathroom tiles also.
All the airborne dust will be gone as this one has a HEPA filter with an advanced anti-allergen complete seal tech. The kids, elders, and pets are safe. Its DuoClean brush roll system is what makes it so efficient in deep cleaning the carpets as well as polishing the hard floors.
Not just that, after cleaning all the mess and pet hair, the brush roll self cleans, thanks to the Zero-M tech. You have a crevice tool to reach the edges and corners; the hose pipe reaches the hard-to-reach spots. Also, the flexible mop head reaches underneath the furniture with ease. It is basically the best Shark vacuum.
How often should you vacuum hardwood floors?
Hardwood floors are expensive. So, not only do you need to take care of it by cleaning it regularly, but the cleaning manner should also be gentle. It is not a tiles floor that can be mopped with water and cotton thread mop daily to maintain its sheen. In the case of hardwood floors, less is always better. When you have the heart to spend so much to have hardwood flooring in your house, make sure to spend a bit more by buying some high-quality tools. You should have a vacuum cleaner and use it at least once a week on the hardwood floors. Do not get obsessed with vacuuming the surface every day. If you are still adamant, then do it twice a week, not more.
Is it better to vacuum or sweep hardwood floors?
Of course, vacuuming is better. When you vacuum floors with a top-quality vacuum cleaner with multiple layers of filters, you are assured of a dust-free ambiance. But when you sweep a floor, maximum chances are there that more than half of the dust, debris, and germs will be in the air. The reason- sweeping doesn’t have the technique to trap the airborne dirt.
Neither sweeping makes it easy to reach the narrow lines, crevices, and baseboard edges. As a result, though, not entirely, you are back to square one. A vacuum cleaner filters every type of dirt, dust, and germs in different filters to ultimately make it non-existent. So, vacuuming is hands down the better option than sweeping.
Buying guide for the best multi-surface floor cleaning machine
Most people often have confusion about what is the best vacuum for multi floors. Well, you need to consider these following features to get an ideal one:
Nobody wants a cleaning device which limits its operations in a small area. If you own a wide space and the machine is heavy, the cleaning process can be tiresome. Because you have to move it from one to other places multiple times. That’s why the manufacturers are focusing on producing light-weight cleaning tools nowadays. But when it comes to cleaning a small room, you can neglect the weight factor. Though the weight varies from brand to brand, the most advanced models are usually light-weight.
A steam cleaner operates by heating water and pressurizing steam through its any part. Whenever you pour water inside the tank, the liquid has to meet the boiling point first. It can take some seconds in case of the high-end steam cleaners. Some brands may require longer than them. Most steam mops and cylinder machines take 30 seconds and a couple of minutes, respectively. It would be best if you avoid those that take more time to activate.
The performance of your cleaning kit depends on the water tank capacity as well. As a small tank can store a limited amount of water, it heats up within a few minutes. The only drawback is the inconvenience of preserving the heat for an extended period. On the other hand, the larger container takes more minutes to heat up, but the warmth will last longer. The users don’t have to top it up again and again. So, choose accordingly. If you want to get large liquid capacity, go for cylinder models. The steam mops tend to have smaller containers.
User control is mandatory to be the best multi floor cleaning machine. The control options usually come in either dials or buttons. Whatever the form is, they must be easily accessible. We suggest selecting the machines that feature different settings attached to its handle. Therefore, anyone can quickly reach the buttons while working. They should be able to direct the movement of the cleaner properly as well. Make sure to have an ergonomic handle as well as a curved nozzle in your picked one.
Variable steam choices
Many cleaners offer adjustable steam settings too. You can select any of the modes according to your need. Such machines can be a little bit pricey but more effective than the regular ones. But we like to mention that one setting is also sufficient for all simple tasks.
A steam cleaner is incomplete without all the necessary accessories. The attachments will help in getting rid of dirt from various surfaces with maximum ease. Some common items should be part of every cleaning kit. For example, you will need a squeegee to remove dust and grease from windows and glass. An angled nozzle is mandatory for the hidden dirt from corners and hard-to-reach spots. Moreover, separate cleaning cloths, long brushes, soft pads, and many other tools should be part of the package.
Tips for cleaning with multi surface floor vacuum
What you need is a floor cleaner that will remove all the unwanted particles from floors to make sure you live in a healthy environment. It should be able to remove the different types of materials that come in different seasons, like snow, ice, salts from the road, etc.
It should work with many cleaning solutions of the right pH levels for different surfaces. To help you, here’s a quick guide through the 10 products that will help you find for yourself the right floor cleaner.
Besides the mentioned features, to make sure you’re purchasing a multi surface floor cleaner machine for you, you should also consider if the usage of the cleaner is easy to learn for you. Thus, if they are being used by a house help they will cut training time and be an even more worthy purchase for you.
Overall, according to the requirements at your place, you can hopefully find the best multi surface floor cleaning machine from the ones listed above. The goal of all these advancements in technology for cleaning of surfaces is to make homes get the sanitized, safe, and shiny clean interiors they deserve and make the places better to live and work in.