Wood furniture cleaner is something many people may frown upon because it is generally perceived as the wood is the weakest of all material. So you should never use any cleaning products on it. But is there any proof that makes it accurate?
Well, not that I have ever heard any expert not recommending using wood furniture cleaners. In fact, they often recommend using the wood furniture cleaners wisely too keep it looking classy like it should be for years to come. Because if you don’t use a good cleaner to get rid of all the accumulated dirt and dust, the wooden furniture is bound to lose its shine and appeal.
So to avoid this from happening, you certainly need the best wood furniture cleaner, and we have a complete list of them down below!
- 1 What is the Best Wood Furniture Cleaner to Buy?
- 2 Top Rated & Best Wood Furniture Cleaners in 2023
- 2.1 1. Best Overall: Method All-Purpose Cleaner
- 2.2 2. Best Wax: TriNova Wood Cleaner
- 2.3 3. Eco Pick: Green Works Multi-Surface Cleaner
- 2.4 4. Best for Leather: Pledge Dust & Allergen Multi Surface Cleaner
- 2.5 5. Best for Grease & Grime: Lysol Multi-Surface Cleaner
- 2.6 6. Best for Multi Surface: Mrs. Meyer’s Multi-Surface Cleaner
- 2.7 7. Best Spray: Method Wood Cleaner
- 2.8 8. Best Budget: Guardsman Clean & Polish For Wood Furniture
- 2.9 9. Best Aerosol: Weiman Wood & Furniture Cleaner
- 2.10 10. Best Wipe: Therapy Wood Cleaner
- 3 Things to consider before buying the best wood furniture cleaner
- 3.1 How do you clean wooden furniture?
- 3.2 How to Repair Surface Scratches on Wood Furniture?
- 3.3 How to Care for Solid Wood Furniture?
- 3.4 How often should I polish my wood furniture?
- 3.5 Does lysol damage wood furniture?
- 3.6 Can you use olive oil on wood furniture?
- 3.7 Can you use coconut oil on wood furniture?
- 4 Conclusion
What is the Best Wood Furniture Cleaner to Buy?
Wood furniture is a beautiful thing. It can be so elegant and timeless, but it also needs to be cared for properly. Wood Furniture Cleaner are the best way to keep your wood furniture in the best shape possible. With these cleaners, you will have peace of mind knowing that your wooden items are getting the care they need.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: Method All-Purpose Cleaner
“If you are looking for All-Purpose Cleaner is a great wood furniture cleaner that can be used across a different surface and does not have any harmful side effects, Method all-purpose cleaner is pretty good.”
- Best Wax: TriNova Wood Cleaner
“If you are looking for an odor-free wood furniture cleaner that can quickly clean off stains and spills, it is one of the best cleaners for wood furniture.”
- Eco Pick: Green Works Multi-Surface Cleaner
“If you are looking to buy an affordable wood furniture cleaner that is eco-friendly as well, you may proceed to buy the Green Works Multi-Surface Cleaner without even the slightest doubt.”
- Best for Leather: Pledge Dust & Allergen Multisurface Cleaner
“Pledge Dust & Allergen Multisurface Cleaner is a great buy and one of the best wood furniture cleaners when it comes to getting rid of all the accumulated dust and allergens from the furniture.”
- Best for Grease & Grime: Lysol Multi-Surface Cleaner
“Lysol Multi-Surface Cleaner is a great disinfecting wood furniture cleaner if you feel like your furniture needs a deep and thorough cleaning.”
- Best for Multi Surface: Mrs. Meyer’s Multi-Surface Cleaner
“Mrs. Meyer’s Multi-Surface Cleaner is a great cleaner for wooden furniture with a very mild aroma. It cleans very deeply and gets rid of any germs and bacteria might be lurking there.”
- Best Spray: Method Wood Cleaner
“Method Wood Cleaner is a bit different than other cleaners both in its ingredients and also in the odor as well.”
- Best Budget: Guardsman Clean & Polish For Wood Furniture
“If you want to retain the natural look of your wood furniture, it is the best cleaner for wood furniture to get. Because it can conceal the scratches and also protect it from the Uv rays.”
- Best Aerosol: Weiman Wood & Furniture Cleaner
“It is the best furniture cleaner for wood if you are looking to speed up the reviving the look of your antique furniture by getting rid of cracks fad and dirt fast.”
- Best Wipe: Therapy Wood Cleaner
“If you need to clean up an antique wooden piece, you have just brought and brought back its original look by cutting all the dust and grime; this is the cleaner you need most.”
Top Rated & Best Wood Furniture Cleaners in 2023
1. Best Overall: Method All-Purpose Cleaner
Bleach and chlorine is not something most homeowners enjoy using as household cleaners. Because it is not the best for our health and the environment, and it leaves us prone to things like coughing and eyes burning. But This All-Purpose method Cleaner: will do no such thing.
It is an excellent cleaner for the wood furniture as it does great cleaning and spreads aroma at the same time in your place. You can use this several times a day around your house on any surfaces other than for the wooden furniture. It is Phosphate and paraben-free and hypoallergenic as well, making it one of the most user-friendly and non-toxic cleaners out there. Method All-Purpose Cleaner cleans all kinds of non-porous surfaces like woods, tiles, and stone and one of the best wood furniture cleaners you can get.
- It is made with all-natural and plant-based detergents.
- Very gentle at the wood furniture.
- Leaves a nice fragrance in the house.
- Does not has any side effects.
- It might not be for you if you don’t like lavender, but it is available in some other scents as well
2. Best Wax: TriNova Wood Cleaner
Don’t you want to keep your wooden furniture look new all the time even after decades of use? You can get the TriNova Wood Cleaner. Sometimes our homemade natural cleaners are not enough to get rid off the Coffee stain and food spills from your antique wood coffee table.
It is not possible clean all the stains with only vinegar and water mixture. The TriNova wood cleaner is the best wood surface cleaner you can get out there to rescue yourself from the despair of cleaning stains off the wood furniture. It has natural shine enhancement for the wood. It also protects wood furniture from getting dull and losing its shine over time.
- It leaves no residue.
- The container bottle is very high quality.
- There is no strong odor from it.
- You can not use it as a floor cleaner as it may not work that good for the floor.
3. Eco Pick: Green Works Multi-Surface Cleaner
When it comes to the cleaning of wooden furniture, you need something that is not too strong but does the job well. This Green Works is mild enough and works well too.
It is even able to get rid of the stain in carpets, leaving fresh smell at the house. The best thing about it is that it does not leave behind chemicals like the smell after cleaning with it. This multi-purpose cleaner will help you with any type of surface around the home, including your wooden furniture as well. Green Works® Multi-Surface Cleaner is a naturally derived cleaning spray that comes without harmful chemicals. Also does not leave any soapy residue, and you can efficiently work with all types of surfaces from tiles, wood, granite, and in your toilet as well.
- One of the best all-purpose wood furniture cleaners you can get out there.
- Not harmful for using around pets or toddlers.
- Half the price compared to other wood cleaners.
- Some users complained about the difficulty of refilling once the bottle is finished
4. Best for Leather: Pledge Dust & Allergen Multi Surface Cleaner
Have you always thought about pledge as a polisher rather than a cleaning solution? Well, this one is going to prove you wrong. It can melt hardened mess from wooden furniture like spilled water.
And to make things even better, it works with all surfaces, even the knobs of your doors. Everything is going to be shiny after you use it, including the wood furniture as well. You and the kids will be able to breathe well in your home without worrying much of allergy. It does not irritate people with an allergy; it makes the home friendly for allergens. Not only it cleans, but it also makes things shiny and protects from dust damage. The lemon scent leaves home fresh and comfortable to breathe in, unlike much other wood furniture cleaner that leaves behind a harsh odor.
- Great cleaner to get rid of allergens from the air.
- Kills the dust mites without being dangerously toxic.
- It prevents the wooden furniture from getting scratches.
- If you don’t like the lemon smell, you might have a hard time adjusting.
5. Best for Grease & Grime: Lysol Multi-Surface Cleaner
If you are scared of germs lurking in all your wooden furniture, then roaming around the home with vinegar and water mixture wouldn’t work that much.
Not only that, your family does not like the smell of vinegar go for this one. This is where the Lysol Multi-Surface Cleaner never fails to amaze me even a single bit. It smells amazing, and relaxing for the lavender scent through the trace of the smell is very minimal. All the grime and dust from your wooden furniture will be gone just with a little effort and elbow grease from you. If there are any stains, then pour the cleaner directly on it and then clean it. It kills bacteria and viruses even if you use it diluted with water. It works great for tough stains and pretty affordable for such a great product.
- The price is great.
- The odor is so minimal that you can barely smell it.
- Pretty great at getting rid of stains off your furniture.
- Even though it might be very minimum, you are likely to notice the smell after quite a few days
6. Best for Multi Surface: Mrs. Meyer’s Multi-Surface Cleaner
All the cleaning products are quite simple enough, and they are very to describe by their best features. It must smell good, cleans excellently and non-toxic, that is all that we expect from a good furniture cleaner.
Mrs. Meyer meets all these things with the best marks. It smells heavenly, and the good thing is that the smell is quite minimal. So even if you cannot afford an aroma diffuser, you can clean, and the house will smell good. It’s a multi-purpose cleaner so you can use it for cleaning tiles and countertop other than your wooden furniture. It feels fantastic, but it’s not overpowering for people with smell sensitivity. As a multi-surface cleaner and allergen destroyer, it is one of the best furniture cleaners for wood.
- Made from a plant-based detergents.
- Very safe to use.
- Price is quite affordable.
- The aroma may linger even after a few days of cleaning.
7. Best Spray: Method Wood Cleaner
if you have got used to either lavender or lemon smell in your wood cleaner, then you should give the Method Wood Cleaner a try for a change. But I am not saying you should try it just for the sake of a change in smell. It is quite excellent at cleaning up various surfaces, including wood furniture as well.
It is an excellent polish come cleaner for wood furniture. So if you get the Method Wood Cleaner, you will be able to clean the furniture and also give it a nice polish, all with just one cleaner.
- No toxic ingredients used in it.
- Made for retaining the shine of furniture for a long time.
- The aroma is quite different.
- Not that good at cleaning the stains.
8. Best Budget: Guardsman Clean & Polish For Wood Furniture
Some of us do not like an artificial gloss on our wooden furniture. The timeless classic look of wood appeals to us more than anything, and we like to keep it as it is. But you may not find a suitable cleaner which does not ruin the natural shine in your furniture.
But Guardsman Clean & Polish For Wood Furniture is one of the polish and cleaner you must get to your hands for a better cleaning of your antique pieces. It very effectively conceals the scratches on your furniture. The cleaner is silicone-free, which ensures you can preserve the radiance of furniture for a long time to come. And it has UV sunblock to protect the furniture from the sun, which is rare in any other cleaner in the industry.
- Very affordable cleaner for the wood furniture.
- It is made in the USA, so the quality is top-notch.
- Great for preserving antique pieces.
- You might not like the lemon odor.
9. Best Aerosol: Weiman Wood & Furniture Cleaner
If your home is blessed with beautiful antique furniture, then you should be very careful to choose a cleaner. Because the finish of antique furniture is quite delicate.
Weiman has come up with the cleaner that is safe for cleaning and polishing your beloved antique furniture. And it moisturizes and conditions the wooden furniture without leaving greasy texture at all. It’s like pampering the wood like our skin. It prevents any drying and fading in wooden furniture. But this cleaner is particularly for wooden furniture at your home and office.
- It will conceal any fading or cracks that might appear in your furniture.
- Does not leave any residue.
- Revives the shine of a wooden furniture.
- Quite affordable.
- It is literally the best of the market so there is nothing we could find that might be negative about it.
10. Best Wipe: Therapy Wood Cleaner
To describe how good this cleaner only a sentence is enough, which is ‘a little goes a long way.’ If your home has furniture that has a long history and you are afraid to use any random cleaner, then give it a try.
After cleaning with it, you will notice that the furniture does not attract much dirt, and its shine is staying for quite a long time. Therapy Wood Cleaner is a polish kit that comes with a cleaner and a microfiber towel. The microfiber towel is perfect to have as it speeds up the cleaning process and does not let any dust to remain on the wood. You will be able to save your favorite antique furniture as this polish works against deterioration.
- Great for cleaning and refurbishing wooden antiques.
- Very safe to use.
- Does not leave any residue.
- Not a great polisher.
You May Like: How Long Does It Take for Wood Stain to Dry
Things to consider before buying the best wood furniture cleaner
What are the Ingredients Used in it?
The very first thing you need to find out what are the ingredients used in the wood cleaner you are getting. Because no matter what cleaner you get, if it has some toxic ingredients used in like the parabens and ammonia, then it will be harmful to your pets and family members.
Although most of the wood furniture cleaners do not cost that much, you can get some great deal at a very affordable price. You don’t even need to spend more than ten bucks and yet get an excellent quality cleaner that does both cleaning and polishing as well.
Right chemical balance
To avoid harming your antique furniture and facing a chemical reaction on the hands and other parts of your body, you need to make sure the cleaner you are using has the right balance between the acids and Ph level in it.
Most of the wood furniture cleaners are quite versatile. But if you can find a cleaner that can clean quite a lot of surfaces other than the wooden cleaners, then it would be better and put your money into better use.
How do you clean wooden furniture?
Cleaning wood furniture is sometimes a very tough job. If you know the right way to the cleaning process of wooden furniture; it will be constructive for you. Here is the all-natural homemade solution for your furniture cleansing.
When your wooden furniture has any spots with sticky residue then you need 3/4 cup warm water; 1/4 cup vinegar and one tea Spoon liquid soap(any kind of) mix it very well in a bottle spray. Then apply it on your regular used furniture—wipe out with a cotton cloth. Now see the magical difference; your old furniture looks like the new one. Reapply as necessary. Scrub very well until the excess soap removes.
Another cleaning mixture can be olive oil and white vinegar. 1/4 cup of white vinegar with 1/2 cup olive oil. Now combine the two ingredients it well on a spray bottle. Now apply it on your furniture and rub it with a soft cotton cloth. These ingredients work on your fed furniture and create a new shiny look.
How to Repair Surface Scratches on Wood Furniture?
You can repair the surface scratches by applying iodine to your wood furniture. In this case, spray a few drops of iodine into the scratch and then wipe the excess residue away using a cotton swab. Therefore, you can use pumice powder and mineral oil to fix the scratches on wood furniture. Just make a paste of mineral oil and pumice powder and rub the scratches area with the paste. Then, use a damp cloth to wipe away the residue.
How to Care for Solid Wood Furniture?
Use a damp microfiber cloth to brush away the dirt and debris from your solid wood furniture. Whenever you wipe the solid wood furniture with a damp cloth, wipe it away immediately with a dry microfiber cloth as the water can damage the wood. The best maintenance tip for solid wood furniture is- brush the furniture regularly with a dry microfiber cloth.
How often should I polish my wood furniture?
Most wood furniture manufacturers recommend polishing the wooden furniture every six weeks. It will be enough to protect the finish of your wood furniture.
Does lysol damage wood furniture?
No, Lysol doesn’t damage the wood furniture. The brand claims you can use Lysol All-purpose Cleaner to clean and sanitize the polished wood or non-porous hardwood surfaces. Indeed, it brings no damage to the wood furniture.
Can you use olive oil on wood furniture?
Yes, you can use olive oil on wood furniture without the fear of bringing any damage to the wooden furniture. It helps to give a shiny look to your solid wood furniture. In other words, you can use olive oil as varnish to bring back the charming look to your wooden furniture like a chair or table.
Can you use coconut oil on wood furniture?
Yes, you can. Before applying it to the wood furniture, sand down your table and wash it with soapy water. Then, leave it for several minutes to let it dry. Finally, dip a rag with coconut oil and rub it on the wood furniture. Coconut oil will help to moisturize the wood and restore its shiny look.
As we have concluded our guide on all the best wood furniture cleaner, we hope this helped you to find a suitable one for your furniture. If not, then go back to the buying guide section again as it will be able to give you a much clearer idea about which one to pick and also why. Because if you start strolling around and look for a wood furniture cleaner without any idea about what makes the right one, you will either find a wrong one or won’t be able to find one at all.