Life is a bit troublesome. But not as troublesome when you use Drano max gel on your toilet. Some users expressed their terrible experiences with using Drano on the toilet. Indeed, Drano is not for removing toilet clogs.
Furthermore, Drano is specially made for unclogging sink or bathtub drains. And, it’s human nature to think it the same as sink drains. But the toilet drain is bendy and S-shaped. Different, Huh?
Here, I will let you know how terrible Drano is in your toilet and why you shouldn’t use it. Also, I will give you some tips to think of alternatives. Let’s scroll down.
Drano max gel
Drano max gel is a sister product of S.C. Johnson. Drano is a household cleaning product especially made for removing the drain clogs such as sink drain, and bathtub drain.
Here, Drano just melts the clogs such as hairs, soap scum, waste food, and cooking greases.
In terms of ingredients, Drano contains-
- Sodium Metasilicate
- Proprietary Surfactant Blend
- Sodium Hydroxide( Caustic)
- Sodium HypoChlorite( Bleach)
Terrible problems while using Drano
As Drano is not made for clearing toilet clogs, they can cause potential damage to your body along with your toilet. We will discuss this right below-
- Skin irritation: Suppose, you have poured the Drano max gel into the toilet. But alas! The gel is on standby on the clogs. What will you do? Your instinctive mind will say, “use a plunger. That will take the clogs down.” You used. But you never thought about the splashes that can come back. You got your skin burning.
- Toxic gas: When you pour Drano into the toilet, suddenly you will sense some chemical smell. That is a gas produced by Drano max gel. This toxic and poisonous gas will cause you chest pain and abdominal problems.
- Your toilet may damage: Drano contains caustic and bleach which produces exothermic heat. Now we know that due to the imbalance of heat between the water and glass, the glass breaks. The toilet is made up of porcelain which tends to be the same. As a result, it breaks. Drano max gel stays on the bent part of the toilet. Even if you push it down, the produced heat will soften the PVC pipe. In the end, cleaning the toilet will cost you more.
Solutions for your mistake
Even if you have made the hassle, We have solutions for that. Here are they-
- Augur: An augur is a long-wired drain snake that can bore through the clogs. At the head of this tool, you will have to rotate the handle. As a result, the long wire will push the clogs to go down. As simple as it is…
- Plunger: A plunger is a simple tool that pushes the water to let the clogs down. It forms a vacuum at the opening of the drain and pressurizes the water to go down and come up.
- Plumber: The last one comes when you don’t know how to use the tool, then call a plumber. They have vast experiences to deal with this issue.
Everything has its alternatives. You can use these products for your toilets if it seems slow running.
- Drano max build-up remover: Drano max build-up remover is for the slow-running toilets. It contains natural bacteria and enzymes to keep the toilet smooth. Keep in mind that it won’t open the clog. Rather it will safeguard the toilet not to be clogged.
- Vinegar and baking soda: You may have vinegar and baking soda in your kitchen store. You can use them to unclog the toilet drain. Furthermore, plumbing agencies suggest that it clear the toilet. So it will be wise to consult with them on how to do that. Unless it will be a mess.
- Bleach: Bleach can also play a great role. But be careful. Because these chemicals cause danger to your health. So before action, reach out to consult with an expert.
Now you become clear that you can’t use Drano max gel to clear the toilet clogs. As the toilet clogs can be toys, wads of toilet paper, miscellaneous objects, or feminine products, it’s really impossible to clear with Drano max gel. Which is easier with some little tools.