Ever wondered why bacteria multiply so fast when they come on an unclean surface?
Did you know that some bacteria divide every 20 minutes given the right temperature and nutrients in a process called binary fission because they cannot reproduce sexually? They divide through binary fission, making copies of themselves until the surface is covered with their replicas.
This is why you cannot afford to slack on cleaning and when it comes to this task, you need cleaning products that are effective to help get the job done.
Cleaning products play a vital role in our daily lives. Our health and that of our loved ones depends on the effectiveness of the cleaning products that we choose to use in our homes and living spaces.
When we think about the fact that these cleaning products will also affect how much time, effort and money we spend recovering from illnesses caused by bacteria and germs in a dirty environment, then we would realize that choosing the right cleaning products is a very important decision we need to make.
Of all cleaning products out there, two products particularly stand out. They are Dawn and Palmolive. They are both dish soaps.
Dawn dish soap and Palmolive are two different cleaning products manufactured by different companies. Dawn is the superior dish soap on the market because of its numerous uses and effectiveness against germs, while Palmolive is another favourite of many people.
Consequently, there’s a lot of debate between customers over both Dawn dish soap and Palmolive soap.
In what ways does Dawn dish soap compare to or differ from Palmolive? What are their ingredients? What do customers have to say about them?
Read on to find out more.
- 1 What are the differences between dawn and Palmolive?
- 2 What are the similarities between dawn and Palmolive?
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 Customers Opinion
- 5 Additional Uses
- 6 FAQs
- 7 Conclusion
What are the differences between dawn and Palmolive?
- Dawn is much more concentrated than Palmolive.
- Dawn is much more alkaline than Palmolive.
- Palmolive is more moisturising than Dawn.
- Dawn is more expensive than Palmolive.
- Dawn removes tough stains faster and better than Palmolive.
What are the similarities between dawn and Palmolive?
- They are both phosphate-free.
- They are both antibacterial.
Dawn dish soap ingredients
- Sodium lauryl sulfate
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate
- C10-16 Alkyldime-Thylamine Oxide
- Alcohol Denat
- Sodium chloride
- Sodium hydroxide
- PEI-14 PEG-24/PPG-16 copolymer
- COLORANTS, BLUE 1, YELLOW 5, RED 33
- C9-11 PARETH-8
- STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER
- TETRASODIUM GLUTAMATE DIACETATE
- SODIUM CUMENE-SULFONATE
- PROPYLENE GLYCOL
- Sodium dodecylbenzene sulfonate
- Ammonium laureth sulfate
- Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate
- Benzisothiazolinone (Bit)
- Lauryl poly glucose
- Lauramidopropylamine oxide
- SD Alcohol 3A
- Sodium xylene sulfonate
- Sodium chloride
- Pentasodium pentetate
- Sodium bisulfite
- Pentasodium Pentetate
- Magnesium Sulfate
- Poloxamer 124
- Quaternium 15
- D&C Orange 4.
What Customers are saying about Dawn
Here are some things that customers have to say about Dawn dish soap:
- With Dawn dish soap, a little goes a very long way. If you yield to the temptation of using too much, you will have a hard time rinsing it all out.
- When you are handwashing your plates, Dawn is that soap you can count on to make your plates spotlessly clean.
- Seeing how powerful Dawn is against germs, it’s guaranteed to be much more powerful against viruses than regular hand soaps.
- Dawn has a protective effect that lasts longer than Palmolive.
- With palmolive, there is little side-effect on the skin, but dawn can be harsh on the skin when used.
What customers are saying about Palmolive
Here are some things that customers have to say about Palmolive soap:
- Palm olive can remove stains after the dish has been soaked for a while.
- Palm olive has a strong fragrance.
- When it comes to removing tough stains, Palmolive takes a longer time and requires more energy.
- Palm olive is not as harsh on the skin as dawn.
Additional uses of Dawn dish soap
Apart from the uses mentioned above, Dawn has additional uses that make it the best choice for cleaning
- Dawn is the only soap used by the International Bird Rescue Research Centre to clean the birds affected by the oil spill caused by Exxon Valdez in Alaska.
When asked whether they have to use Dawn, Nevill replies, “Dawn definitely works the best. It very effectively removes grease but does not cause harm to the skin of the birds.”
- It also doubles as an excellent hand soap during this pandemic among other uses.
- Dawn has been acknowledged in the marine community as being “the most effective in breaking up and dispersing small diesel spills”.
- Dawn dish soap can also be used to pretreat laundry to get rid of stubborn stains.
- It repels and kills ants in the kitchen.
- It is an excellent toilet and bathroom cleaner.
- It removes grease from your tools.
- You can use it to get rid of pests from your garden.
- You can use it to clean your hairbrushes.
- Dawn dish is perfect for cleaning your fireplace brick exterior.
Dawn can get paint off your skin after a home improvement project.
- It cleans off hair dye stains on your skin.
- It cleans your stainless steel appliances of dirt and handprints.
- You can use it to clean your cabinets.
- It’s useful for homemade ice packs.
- Dawn can help you unclog any drain or sink.
Additional uses of Palmolive
While Dawn is perfect for tough stains, it’s also important to note that Palmolive, though inferior, has additional uses.
- It can work as a cuticle softener in your manicure and pedicure regimen.
You can make a very effective weed killer solution by mixing a tablespoon of Palmolive Dish Soap, a gallon of vinegar and a cup of salt.
- Giant bubbles… I bet your kids will love this one.
- It’s used for pretreating oil and grease stains on clothes.
- You can use it to get your outdoor furniture squeaky clean.
- It’s used for washing cars.
- Palmolive is an ant repellant.
- You can use it to clean your carpet.
- Palmolive is useful for spotting leaks in inflatable devices.
- Palmolive is useful for killing fleas off your pets.
- You can use Palmolive to freshen your laundry and linens.
Is Dawn dish soap toxic?
While Dawn dish soap is useful for cleaning, there are some chemicals in Dawn dish soap that are cause for concern. Methylisothiazolinone is said to be toxic “when inhaled, ingested, or applied to the skin or eyes in animal studies.” So, you should keep this soap from infants.
Is Dawn dish soap biodegradable?
While there is a debate over the biodegradability of Dawn, with some saying Dawn is biodegradable and others saying it is not. Original blue Dawn is biodegradable and contains no phosphate. However, I will advise you to seek out standard Laboratory testing of its proof of biodegradability before attempting to use it.
Is dawn dish soap safe for the skin?
Washing your hands with Dawn is safe. However, it’s not advisable to use Dawn to wash all the parts of your body while bathing because it was designed to handle tough stains so its ingredients could react with the sensitive parts of your skin and it will most likely be harsh in those areas. It is important to note that Dawn wasn’t designed to replace your bathing soap.
Dawn and Palmolive are two amazing Cleaning products out there. However, when it comes down to which one is the first choice, Dawn easily clinches the title, and the reason is not far-fetched.
Judging by how tremendously useful it is and the amazing things people have to say about it, you might want to consider using it for cleaning activities.