We never like to do such kind of job as to clean pets poop out of the carpet. But sometimes, accidentally we face this problem. But to do any work properly, we need the right way. However, if you have a dog, you need to know how to get dog poop out of the carpet. Definitely, this work is difficult. But there is no way. You can easily remove protein-based pet poop. You should always remember to wear rubber gloves while doing this work.
Find out what kind of carpet you have
Before knowing how to get poop stains out of the carpet, you need to know about your carpet. There are many types of carpet, such as woolen carpet, nylon, polypropylene, acrylic, etc. Washing methods of these types are also different.
Hot water is suitable to use all types of carpet to expect the woolen carpet. So, for wool, you should use cold water.
How to get dog poop out of the carpet
Now see the more straightforward and most effective tips on how to get dog poop out of the carpet.
Arrange the equipment
As cleaning pet poop out from the carpet is not a good job, you need some equipment to keep you safe from the bad smell and this dirt. So, gather these things before cleaning dog poop from your carpet.
- Take cardboard or a dustpan
- A poop bag or a sealable polythene bag
- Paper towel (White)
- Laundry detergent
- A soft brush
- Soft cloth cleaner
- Some white vinegar
- A water bucket
- Baking soda
- Vacuum cleaner
Remove the poop
Now it is time to know how to get dried dog poop out of the carpet. You can clean the solid part easily. But if the poop is as like as diarrhea, it will be difficult to clean. You need to pick up the solid part at first.
In this case, you can use a paper towel and cardboard to take the stains. Take out as much as you can. Then keep it on the plastic bag. Do not move the poop around the carpet. Besides, you should keep in mind that you might avoid blotting the stained area when you force on it to clean.
After doing these, put the paper towel in the poop bag. Besides, you can flush the poop and towel down your toilet.
Sanitize the area
After cleaning the solid part of the poop, you need to clean the carpet properly to remove bad odors and stains to sanitize the area. For this, you need to know the steps below:
- Now take some detergent and mix it with some hot water. Then use the mixture to soak the stains gently. Let the detergent mixture for 15 minutes to sit well.
- Then you need to work with your carpet. Take a soft brush and dip it in the detergent and water mixture in the bucket. Scrub the stained area with the brush until the stains go away.
- You should scrub from outside towards in. Do not work such a way that the stains spread further.
- When you see that the stain seems to be gone, there is no need to use the cleaning solution anymore. Remove the dirty water from your bucket and clean it seriously. Now take some clean water in it. If you take distilled water, it will be better. Now rinse the detergent mixture from the carpet by using fresh water.
- Now take a clean cloth or paper towel to blot the water from your carpet. Let is to dry.
If you’re interested in our recommendations for the How to Get the Baking Soda Out of the Carpet, visit our homepage!
Deal with the odors
The odor is the most disgusting thing. To remove the odors of poops and urine of your dog, you need to do some extra work. Here, you need vinegar. Take half of vinegar and half of distilled water in a pot. Then add it to the area. It will take a few minutes to remove the odors. After some times, use paper towels or cloth to blot the liquid and then let the carpet to dry again.
Must pay attention points
While cleaning dog poop from your carpet, you should pay attention to some matter. It will save you time and also keep your carpet right. If your carpet is woolen, it can be damaged if you do not take extra care on it. Let’s see the points.
- For a woolen carpet, you should use vinegar carefully. For this, take two part vinegar and one part water. Then use it on the stained area.
- Do not scrub your carpet with cloth or paper towel. Just keep it on the carpet to blot the water.
- For wool carpet, you should use the detergent that is safe for wool.
- It is better to use baking soda because it effectively removes stains and bad odors. Sprinkle some baking soda on the stained area and after a few minutes vacuum it properly. You can use odor neutralizer. But it is expensive than baking soda.
- If your carpet is an expensive one and you feel uncomfortable after cleaning dog poop, you should call a professional carpet cleaner. He can solve your problem.
Having a pet means you have to deal with stains such as vomit stains, poop stains, urine stains, etc. Cleaning stains is a bad experience. But there is no way. If you are searching for the way how to clean dog poop out of the carpet, the above process will help you much. As we need to keep our home hygiene, we need to do such kind of work. But you should look at your carpet material and then start your work. Woolen carpets need extra care. Besides, some carpets are heavy and expensive. In this case, you should avoid the risk of damaging and call a professional carpet cleaner. Teach your dog to poop in the right place.