When you see any stain on your carpet, you must want to get it out of the carpet as soon as possible. If it happens from greases such as oil grease or cooking grease, it will be a bad experience. When you fall into this situation, you may find out the suitable and effective solution on how to get grease out of carpet. When you accidentally pure grease on the mat, you may quickly scrub it to remove it. But it is not a good idea. To keep your carpet away from damage and remove the stains properly, you can use some home remedies and natural methods that can help you much.
- 1 How to Get Grease Out of Carpet
How to Get Grease Out of Carpet
For you, we come here with some great cleaning methods of grease stains that will help you very much to learn properly how to remove grease stains from carpet. We use here some solutions and materials that you can collect easily at your home. Besides, they are not expensive.
Using baking soda and dish soap
It is a straightforward method. You need not go to buy anything for this method. Baking soda and dish soap are in your kitchen. So, start your cleaning process with baking soda and some dishwashing soap.
- At first, you need to blot up the grease from the carpet as much as it is possible. You can use a paper towel or cloth.
- Now take a hard brush with rigid bristles and use it to break up the stains.
- Then use some cornstarch or some baking soda. Pure them on the stained area. Then let is for 10-15 minutes to sit correctly.
- Now it is time to use a vacuum cleaner. Vacuum the area to take out the baking soda or corn starch and stain.
- Now apply some dry cleaning thing on a cloth. Clean the stained area with this cloth gently.
- Repeat the process until all the stains are removed. You can follow our blog to know how to get the baking soda out of the carpet.
Is baking soda safe to use on carpets?
Using baking soda as a carpet cleaner is an inexpensive solution that is safe for your carpet. It would be best if you trickled it on the carpet before you vacuum to refresh the carpet. You will use it to get rid of odors and stains quickly. If you want to get a better result, use vinegar with baking soda. It helps you to clean your carpet naturally.
Use dish soap and vinegar
It is another effective process. You can try it if you have some vinegar near your hand. However, let’s see the method at details.
- You need to remove the excess grease by blotting it with a kitchen towel or clean cloth.
- Take some vinegar in a pot. Now put one tablespoon dishwashing detergent and two cups warm water in it. Mix them well.
- Take a sponge and take some mixture in it. Then dab it over the stained area. Now, leave it for a few minutes.
- Then touch the carpet to remove the liquid as much as possible from the carpet.
- Now take a clean cloth. Then make it dump with cold water. Clean the excess part of the mixture from the carpet.
- If the stain does not go totally, you can repeat the process until it has gone.
If you mud stain while tackling the grease stain on the carpet, you should be calm. You can easily remove mud by using some vinegar.
Use rubbing alcohols
You can use rubbing alcohols to get grease stains out of the carpet. This alcohol can be used for some other stain removal works. However, see the process.
- Take a clean cloth and apply some rubbing alcohol on it.
- Now use this cloth. Press it over the stained area.
- Then, let it be dried. You should remember that rubbing alcohol dissipate into the air. So, you should crack a window if necessary.
- Repeat the process until you can remove the stain.
- Now rinse the area with clean water. Use a cloth or kitchen towel to blot the excess water.
- Let the carpet to dry.
If you want to use some drops of essential oil and a little bit of salt, you can use them.
You should keep the room of the carpet well-ventilated when you apply the spirit or rubbing alcohol method. After completing the process, you should wash your hand thoroughly. This cleaning method is also useful to clean pollen stains on the carpet. For this, you should make sure to test this mixture on an invisible part. See, it works actually.
Use glycerin and white vinegar
It is another useful process of cleaning grease stain from the carpet. For this, you need some glycerin, white vinegar, water, cleaning cloth, etc.
- Take some water and a sponge to clean excess stains from the carpet.
- Then take 8-part of water. Now mix the solution properly. Then add a few drops of white vinegar. Then shake the mixture well. Sponge the stain with a bit of water.
- Now take the right amount of this solution on a sponge or absorbing pad. Then place it on the stained area.
- You should keep changing the pad until you see the grease is disappeared fully.
This method is much useful for them who faces a problem with cooking grease on the carpet. It will remove the grease totally from your carpet. With the white vinegar you can also remove printer ink from carpet.
Use shaving cream
You may wonder to know that you can use shaving cream to remove grease from your carpet. Yes! See the method below:
- Apply some shaving cream to the grease-stained area.
- Use a toothbrush to sit is appropriately on the stained area.
- Now use a cloth to wipe the cream off from the carpet.
- You can repeat the total steps again and again until all the stains get removed.
This method is very effective for them who are looking for how to remove fat grease out of the carpet.
Deal with the odors
Now it is time to take care of the odors that has left from the grease. For this, you need the following things.
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Sponge or clean cloth
- Vacuum cleaner
- Spray bottle
Take some vinegar in your spray bottle. You can take the spray bottle of your window cleaner. You need to wash it well before using it. Now mist the stain smelly part of the carpet with vinegar. Then let it be dried. When it gets dried, take some baking soda and sprinkle it on the carpet where the stain was staying. Let the soda on it for hours to sit properly so that it can take out all the residues. Then use your vacuum cleaner to remove all the absorbent.
Now your carpet is clean. Besides this, you can follow this process to remove all types of unwanted odors from your carpet.
Must pay attention points
Some additional tips are necessary to work with your carpet to remove odors and stains of grease. Let’s have a look.
- It is better to use cold water. Water helps you to keep the stain away from setting in the carpet fibers. For blood stain carpet, use cold water.
- If your carpet is woolen one, you should avoid using ammonia or other bleaches because it can damage your carpet. It is better to learn more about the cleaning process of wool carpet.
- Avoid using the spot cleaners for carpet on the oriental rugs. It may damage the covering fibers.
- To clean grease, you can use rubbing alcohols, paint thinner or mineral spirits.
- Though all the cleaning procedure is easy, you should start to clean immediately after falling the grease on your carpet.
- For a synthetic rug, use nail polish and other lighter fluids to clean the stains.
- Do not use different cleaning materials or solutions because it can cause chemical reactions that can damage the carpet.
- Call professional cleaners to clean oriental rug.
Commercial cleaners for grease removal
If you are not confident enough to clean your carpet yourself or you are very much worried that you can ruin your valuable carpet, you need to make another decision. You can call a professional to clean the carpet. You can find a lot of professional carpet cleaning services which provide their services at a reasonable price. If you do that, you need not think if your carpet is synthetic or antic. They use industrial-grade equipment and work professionally.
If you do not know about carpet cleaning process to remove grease or other kinds of stains, it seems hard for you to start. You can make your carpet stained with oil while cooking or taking foods from one place to another. Besides, when you come from your garage, you can bring grease stains on your foot. So, it is a good idea to learn how to get grease stain out of the carpet.
All the methods are effective. But sometimes, you may need to apply a technique, again and again, to remove the stain altogether. So, do not be depressed. Just try and try in the correct way. If you find it impossible and there is any chance of damaging the carpet, call a professional cleaner.