Have you ever cleaned the above ground pool that was full of messes after a wild pool party? If you did, then you know it can be a tough task. What if we say it is easy! Easier than you thought.
However, there is a condition for that. You will need a well-designed intelligent tool to clean the whole mess in the pool easily. Why only after a pool party? For maintenance purposes, the above ground pool must be cleaned quite often.
So, to have a mess-free, easy cleaning process, you need the Best Above Ground Pool Vacuum. They come in varied shapes and forms. Your task is to choose the one that you think will make the mighty job of cleaning the pool easy. So, you might be wondering how you are going to get one!
If you are interested, below, we are going to share detailed info of ten such vacuums. The purpose is to share all the nitty-gritty details of these vacuums. So, let’s jump straight to the review.
- 1 What is the Best Above Ground Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.1 1. Dolphin E10 Above Ground Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 1.2 2. Zodiac Ranger Suction Side Automatic Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Aquabot Pool Rover Hybrid Above Ground Robotic Vac
- 1.4 4. Intex Auto Above Ground Pool Vacuum
- 1.5 5. Water Tech Pool Blaster Pool & Spa Cleaner
- 1.6 6. Hayward W3900 Above Ground Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.7 7. Pentair K50600 Kreepy Krauly SuctionSide Pool Vac
- 1.8 8. Pool Rover S2 40 Above Ground Cleaner
- 1.9 9. Hayward 100 Penguin Suction Above Ground Vacuum
- 1.10 10. Polaris Vac-Sweep
What is the Best Above Ground Pool Vacuum Cleaner
You will find three types of vacuum pool cleaners in the market for cleaning your expensive Above ground swimming pool; these are very efficient to clean your pool. These are capable of lifting all the debris in your pool. It also cleanses the pool of all dirt, leaves, sand, etc., and makes the pool look new. Let’s not know what kind of cleaner we can use to clean the pool.
- Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
- Suction Side Above Ground Pool Cleaner
- Pressure Side Above Ground Pool Cleaner
From the above three types of pool cleaners, I will present to you after checking the best pool cleaners to get the perfect cleanser for your pool quickly.
1. Dolphin E10 Above Ground Automatic Pool Cleaner
Dolphin E10 is made with groundbreaking technology. You can be assured of a clean pool without any struggle to clean it. The vacuum can sense the walls, ladders, and drains. So, there is hardly any chance that it is going to miss cleaning, even the toughest-to-reach spot of the pool.
It operates with two low voltage DC motors. These motors need 90% less power than the regular ground pool vacuums. To be precise, just 180 watts. So, as you can see, you save energy to quite an extent.
Instead of using conventional wheels, Escape uses continuous rubber tracks. These tracks help the vacuum to prevent slippage.
For deep cleaning of the pool, vacuuming is never enough. And Escape gets that pretty well. So it comes with a very efficient scrubbing brush to remove the tough contaminants.
Last but not least, it has a large cartridge to load all the debris. The filtration system of it is such that it tackles debris of all sizes. So, it needs a big container to hold that load.
- Handles debris of all sizes
- Sense walls, ladders, and drains for a thorough clean
- Hyperbrush Active Scrubbing brush for scrubbing the stubborn contaminants
- Large cartridge holds up to 60% more debris
- DC motor needs 90% less power to operate
- No remote to control
2. Zodiac Ranger Suction Side Automatic Cleaner
Zodiac Ranger has an intelligent design. It comes pre-assembled. So, you can install it within a few minutes and start cleaning your above ground pool at once. It is an automatic vacuum that constantly bounces to clean the pool.
This is our best above ground pool cleaner that comes with 32 feet feed hose. So, it covers a massive pool with ease.
It comes with a deflector wheel, an AG disc, a Flowkeeper Valve, and an Insta-Skim compact self-adjusting flow control valve.
The deflector wheel helps the vacuum to clean the area around stairs, ladders, and corners without getting caught on. On the other hand, the AG disc is for effortless gliding of the vacuum and cleaning the whole pool. Both the valves used in it ensure peak performance of the vacuum. They regulate water flow automatically.
It uses the one moving part technology where except the diaphragm, nothing really moves. So, there will be no hammer or flapper noise.
- Pre-assembled, takes a few minutes to install
- Quiet but effective cleaning
- AG disc ensures effortless bounce and glide
- Uses one moving part technology
- Deflector wheel prevents getting stuck to the ladder or corners
- Not for soft-sided pools
3. Aquabot Pool Rover Hybrid Above Ground Robotic Vac
If you are searching for the best automatic above ground pool vacuum, you can try Aquabot. It cleans 5400 sq. ft. per hour. For cleaning your dish-bottom above ground pool, nothing can be greater than this.
This one takes not more than an hour to clean the floor and slopes of a massive 24 feet diameter pool. How it does that is no mystery as it is jet-propelled. It operates and cleans in one direction with the help of the ejection of a jet of fluid.
In it, the first thing that catches the eyes are its gigantic wheels. They are extra-wide and non-marring wheels. So, they are going to help Aquabot to roll over the ripples as well as the printed bottom of the pools. Also, your pool bottom will be scratch-free.
Aquabot works following a proper guidance system. So, it manages to clean a green pool of any shape and doesn’t miss reaching the tough spots. Just set it in the pool and let it do all the work.
From large leaves to 2-microns algae, this vacuum removes everything from the pool. And to store all that dirt, it comes with a 19-quart micro filter bag that is reusable.
- Cleans a 24-foot diameter pool in an hour
- Jet-propelled system
- Removes largest to the smallest of dirt
- 19-quart micro filter bag
- Extra-wide, non-marring wheels
- Debris bag, hard to clean
4. Intex Auto Above Ground Pool Vacuum
Intex Auto Pool Cleaner is a pressure-side cleaner. A pressure-side cleaner works differently than a suction-side cleaner. What it does is it cleans the pool using the pressure of water that is pumped back into the pool. As the name suggests, it works best to clean the Intex pools.
For it to work, you will need a filter pump. That too, with a flow rate between 1600-3500 gallons per hour. The hose that you need to connect the cleaner with the pump comes with the cleaner. Lengthwise the hose is about 24 feet.
Beneath it, there is a compact brush. Once the automated vacuum starts rolling, the compact brush starts cleaning every dirt and debris on the pool surface. The rest of the dirt is cleaned by the water pressure. The jet pressure blows the dirt, and the cleaner collects the debris in its debris bag.
Both the pump filter and the debris bag needs a thorough cleaning. The best is to clean both, every time you use the vacuum.
Though the vacuum needs a smooth surface for an uninterrupted cleaning, the small wheels are pretty convenient in cleaning the pool.
- Pressure-sided cleaner
- Has a debris net, a pump filter, and a skimmer basket
- Needs a pump with a flow rate between 1600-3500 GPH
- Comes with 24 feet hose
- Apt for cleaning Intex pools
- Works only on a smooth surface
5. Water Tech Pool Blaster Pool & Spa Cleaner
In search of a pool, spa, or hot tub vacuum, stop right here. It is not just the best vacuum for above ground pool, but also the best vacuum to clean a spa and hot tub. It works the way you want.
The Water Tech Pool Blaster is not auto, and you have to hold and control it. So, those of you who were finding the auto vacuums not per in cleaning the corners, can for sure try this. It is hoseless as well as cordless. Just hold the handle and take it anywhere in the pool and get crystal clear water.
The suction ability of this vacuum is ultra-powerful. The reason is its advanced high flow pump. It comes with a reusable X-Treme multilayer filter. The pump and filter together work to clean large leaves, sands, algae with equal perfection.
The vacuum works with a Lithium-Ion battery. Once charged, you can clean the pool for an hour. An hour is quite sufficient to clean a good-sized above ground pool. The battery is rechargeable and takes 4 hours to charge fully.
You can easily clean the debris bag using the water from a hose and re-install the bag in the vacuum.
- Powerful Lithium-Ion battery
- Works continuously for an hour
- X-Treme multilayer filter
- Advanced high flow pump
- Easy on and off switch and simple to recharge
- Requires extra caution to keep the inside dry
6. Hayward W3900 Above Ground Vacuum Cleaner
The Hayward 900 Wanda is one of the few automatic pool cleaners that actually depends on a turbine/gear system to work, but if you consider this a must-have for a cleaner, this one is one of the best all-around vacuums on the market today.
The Hayward Wanda is one automatic above ground pool vacuum that is likely to keep kids as well as adults busy watching as it skips across the bottom of your above ground pool, whirring flawlessly as it moves along in precise patterns and picking up everything in its path. It is intended to be permanently installed into your filtration system. As a result, it cannot be readily uninstalled for storage, but for a more permanent system it operates very well. In fact, it requires no additional booster pump to work. All you need to do is to plug it in and turn it on. The Hayward also acts like a circulation system, keeping your pool clean.
- Fun and easy to use.
- Excellent for use when your priority is circulation as well as cleanliness.
- The Hayward 900 Wanda is meant to be installed as a permanent part of your pool’s filtration/ cleaning system. It is not readily uninstalled and stored like other brands.
7. Pentair K50600 Kreepy Krauly SuctionSide Pool Vac
The Pentair K50600 Kreepy Krauly relies on hydraulics to operate instead of lots of moving parts, which makes this one a clean and efficient system that won’t break down and need new parts and repairs.
For ease of operation, efficiency of movement, and virtually no concerns over repairs, the Pentair K50600 Kreepy Krauly Pool Cleaner is an excellent value for the money. Operating on hydraulics and a form sweeper as opposed to lots of moving parts, the Pentair Kreepy Krauly sweeps in totally random patterns to get all of your pool as clean as it can get. The method of operation also allows it to be used on any shape or sized pool, and even in-ground pools. Relies on your pool’s pump and skimmer to operate. All of this gives you more time to use your pool instead of worrying about the time. Everything about the Pentair spells remarkable convenience and efficiency.
- Works well in any size pool.
- No moving parts means less to go wrong and in need of repairs.
- Only works with your pool’s skimmer. If there is no skimmer, this product won’t work.
8. Pool Rover S2 40 Above Ground Cleaner
The Pool Rover is one automatic above ground pool vacuum that is on the pricier side, but in terms of quality. In fact, it’s simple design might be deceptive for the power it can deliver when cleaning your pool.
The Pool Rover S2 40 is one of the more expensive pool vacuum for above ground pool, but for power. There are few that deliver as well as this one does. Not only does it work hard, but it goes over a pool’s bottom as well as scaling sides like a champ. It has a two micro filter bag that allows it to pick up anything in your pool. And in terms of suction, the Pool Rover drives more than 80 gallons per minute, so there are few that can beat it. It has a 50 foot cable that can draw from a convenient power supply. It has both 1- and two-hour cycle options, so regardless of how dirty your pool is. The Pool Rover will be able to handle the job quickly, efficiently, and economically.
- Features a power supply that is plenty powerful for your pool cleaning needs. Also, it drives more than 80 gallons of water per minute, meaning it will get your pool clean.
- Tends to skip some areas on walls of certain pools.
9. Hayward 100 Penguin Suction Above Ground Vacuum
Let’s review something cute. This one is an automatic pool vacuum that looks like a penguin. It is efficient enough to clean your above ground pool in less than two hours. To do that, it has the patented Smart-Drive programmed steering system.
No matter whether you have a dished out above ground pool or a flat-bottom pool, it cleans your pool thoroughly.
It is auto. So, you do not have to do much while cleaning the pool unless it gets stuck against the wall. It handles the debris, seeds, grass, bugs and ensures the pool water to be crystal clear.
The penguin vacuum can be real fun as you can customize it with three different colored bow-ties as well as three eye stickers. The stickers and ties are included with it. If the whole penguin replica wasn’t enough for you, try the stickers to get a cuter version of this really efficient auto pool vacuum.
With it, you are going to get a 30 feet hose as well as a skimmer cone. The vacuum works to improve water circulation with its constant movement in the water.
- Smart Drive Steering System
- Cleans the pool within two hours or less
- Comes with three eye stickers and bow ties
- Moves and pulls water to improve water circulation
- Vacuums dirt, leaves, grass, seeds and bugs
- Gets stuck against the wall
10. Polaris Vac-Sweep
This one is way different from the ones we reviewed until now. Polar Vac-Sweep floats above the water following a random pattern. As it doesn’t move in any monotonous direction, it cleans the pool better than a lot of similar vacuums. It is apt for a 5-feet deep above ground pool.
It is a pressure-side vacuum. So, the filter and skimmer eliminate contaminants with the pressure of the water that is pumped back.
Within three hours, both the sides and bottom of your pool will be ultra-clean without you sweating even a bit.
The main attraction of it is its unique filter bag that floats under the water randomly. It helps to collect larger objects like pebbles and twigs. These don’t even get a chance to reach the pump. So, it helps to increase the shelf-life of the filtration system.
To clean the debris stuck on the hard to reach spots, this vacuum uses its patented jet sweep assembly. The blow of the water helps to loosen the debris on the surface, thus making it easy to sweep and clean. All the removed dirt goes right into an easy to remove and clean filter bag.
- Pressure-side vacuum
- Unique filter bag
- Patented jet sweep assembly
- Cleans the pool following a random pattern
- Get a clean pool in less than three hours
- Tough to make the hose work
So, we have talked about robotic, pressure-side, and suction-side pool cleaners. The three types have different benefits. If you do not have a pool skimmer, then go for the robotic ones. If you have a filter pump, then try the pressure-side vacuum. And if you want an inexpensive vacuum for your above ground pool and have a pump system, then a suction-side vacuum is the best option for you. To get the best above ground pool vacuum, you will need to check on what you have and what more you can invest in. We hope our detailed review will help you to know just the right things because the prime purpose was just that for us.