A lot of people can go to any means when it is a question of cleanliness in their places. And as much as we would love to disagree, this fact is all good and understandable since it is only fair that you live in a clean house where your kids are happy and feel comfortable being there.
Indoor cleaning is not always a walk in the park, especially when you are getting rid of stains in the carpet or making indoor fabrics clean. And that is where the best steam cleaner for upholstery and carpetscomes in.
Before you make up your mind to visit your nearest store to get one of these products, it is important to go through the top best products and tips on how to get the right item. This piece highlights all the details. Continue reading for more information and buy a worthy of purchasing product.
- 1 What is the Best Steam Cleaner for Carpets and Upholstery?
- 2 Top 7 Best Steam Cleaner for Carpets and Upholstery in 2021
- 2.1 1. Best Overall Carpet Cleaner: Hoover PowerDash
- 2.2 2. Best for Multipurpose Use: Dupray ONE Steam Cleaner
- 2.3 3. Best Professional Cleaner: Rug Doctor Mighty Pro
- 2.4 4. Best Value for the Money: McCulloh MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner
- 2.5 5. Best Shampooer: Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe
- 2.6 6. Best Handheld: LIGHT N EASY All-in-one
- 2.7 7. Best for Spot Cleaning: Bissell 3624 SpotClean Portable Cleaner
- 2.8 8. Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Steam Cleaner
- 2.9 9. Hoover Spotless Portable
- 2.10 10. Bissell Big Green Steam Cleaner
- 3 Things To Consider When Buying the Best Carpet And Upholstery Steam Cleaner
- 4 What to Consider Before Buying a Couch Steam Cleaner
- 5 Final Words
What is the Best Steam Cleaner for Carpets and Upholstery?
- Best Overall Carpet Cleaner: Hoover PowerDash
“It is compact and lightweight design which eases its portability and management. Feature with pet brush roll provide powerful carpet celaning with protection.”
- Best for Multipurpose Use: Dupray ONE Steam Cleaner
“This chemical-free product is perfect in cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, greasing, and sanitizing different surfaces.”
- Best Professional Cleaner: Rug Doctor Mighty Pro
“For effective operation, it comes with a 24-ounce bottle of stain remover and a 40-ounce bottle of an oxy-steam solution. The new Oxygen Activation Technology leaves floors fresh and with an appealing smell.”
- Best Value for the Money: McCulloh MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner
“They are multi functional and does justice to your floors, autos, counters, appliances, and many more. It is a heavy-duty cleaner that comes with up to eighteen accessories.”
- Best Shampooer: Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe
“Safely deep clean carpets of the toughest dirt with powerful 360 degree brushes.”
- Best Handheld: LIGHT N EASY All-in-one
“Utilizes 212°F hot steam to remove stains and sticky mess while drying quickly. “
- Best for Spot Cleaning: Bissell 3624 SpotClean Portable Cleaner
“The machine delivers professional carpet cleaning and leaves your floor spotless. In addition to that, they are price-friendly.”
Top 7 Best Steam Cleaner for Carpets and Upholstery in 2021
If you need the best carpet and furniture steam cleaner, check out top product recommendations here.
1. Best Overall Carpet Cleaner: Hoover PowerDash
This steamer is a high-quality item from the Hoover Production Company. It is a powerful, lightweight carpet cleaner that leaves your floor spotless. Drying is fast thanks to the HeatForce power. The machine is great in eliminating pet messes that can be uncomfortable on your floor. For easy cleaning, it features separate duo tanks, and that separates your dirty water from clean water. In addition to that, the low profile foot helps you to remove stains anywhere without any issue.
Hoover best carpet and upholstery steam cleaners feature a compact and lightweight design which eases its portability and management. It is portable cleaning tool with a tank size of up to 51 oz. The machine weighs up to 9 lbs, which is a manageable load. Other than that, the machine is ready to use after purchase since it doesn’t require any assembly.
- It is lightweight for easy operation.
- The machine is a perfect cleaner for small spaces and high-traffic areas.
- Other than cleaning carpets, it delivers powerful microbial protection.
- They do not require assembling after purchase.
- Offers more cleaning power.
- Designed with a large water tank.
- Offers fast drying.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Perfect for small areas and high traffic places.
- Compact design for easy storage
- Some users complain of leaks.
- Hard to drain the tank.
2. Best for Multipurpose Use: Dupray ONE Steam Cleaner
Are you looking for the best steam cleaner for carpets and upholstery? If your answer is a nod, then this product from Dupray is the ultimate product to purchase. It combines style, comfort, and functionality. As a result of that, the machine looks great; it is easy to use and most importantly, operates effectively. Get one of these steamers today for an excellent performance.
Dupray steamer features a black and white construction which easily grab the attention of a lot of people. This chemical-free product is perfect in cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, greasing, and sanitizing different surfaces. As a result of that, you can choose your ultimate working surface as per your preference. Heating the cleaning tool is fast since it takes at most 8 minutes. Other than that, it comes with p to sixteen operational accessories to ease your work.
- Its steam heats up to 303 farads which perfectly suits multiple types of floors.
- An entire fill up delivers 50 minutes of continuous cleaning.
- Each item weighs up to 10 pounds which is a manageable load.
- Dupray manufacturers offer a 3-year warranty on the item and a lifetime warranty on the stainless steel boiler.
- It features up to sixteen easy to use accessories.
- Produces powerful steam.
- Comes with the accessories you need.
- Offers a longer cleaning time.
- Can be used to clean different places.
- Can be used to clean different places. Heats up quick.
- Has a solid construction.
3. Best Professional Cleaner: Rug Doctor Mighty Pro
This product is a high-quality steam cleaner for carpets and upholstery from the Rug Doctor Production Company. It is a multi-feature product that comes with an oxy-steam solution and stain remover. They are great for different kinds of floors, upholstery, and carpets. With this product, you can comfortably achieve professional cleaning in your house and office. Purchase the cleaning tool today for an amazing experience.
Rug Doctor steamer is a powerful cleaning tool that combines style and functionality. As a result of that, the machine not only looks great but also operates effectively. It is well-built to eliminate built-in stains and dirt from your carpets and upholstery. The machine features a compact design which eases its management and storage.
For effective operation, it comes with a 24-ounce bottle of stain remover and a 40-ounce bottle of an oxy-steam solution. The new Oxygen Activation Technology leaves floors fresh and with an appealing smell. Its recovery tank has a huge capacity of 3.9 gallons. Consequently, you do not have to keep refilling now and then.
- Its maximum load recommendation runs up to 400 pounds.
- The fresh scent is appealing and perfect to all.
- They deliver high-quality services to different floors.
- It is compact to save on storage space.
- They are durable and reliable.
- Has a strong cleaning power.
- Suitable for cleaning different places.
- Provides deep and thorough cleaning.
- Leaves carpets smelling fresh.
- Heavy duty cleaning machine.
- Water tank would have been larger.
4. Best Value for the Money: McCulloh MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner
Getting the best steam cleaner for carpets and upholstery is not a bed of roses. Why is that? The main reason why it is hard to figure out the best product is thanks to the many varieties of cleaning tools in the market today.
As a result of that, you are often in a dilemma of what exactly to purchase. However, McCulloch steamer is the ultimate product to purchase today for indoor cleaning. It leaves most floors spotless and eliminates old stains. In addition to that, it is readily available at an affordable price. Make floor cleaning bigger and better with this product.
McCulloh carpet and upholstery steam cleaner blend black and yellow to output a unique and stylish design which easily grab people’s attention. Its compact design eases its portability and saves on storage space. The machine operates all-natural thanks to its chemical-free feature.
- They are multipurpose and operates on different parts of the house.
- Dimensions are 8 by 5.2 by 10.7 inches.
- Each item weighs up to 3 lbs.
- It uses a power input of up to 900 watts.
- Its manufacturers offer a one-year limited warranty on the product.
- These cleaning tools are compact and save on space.
- Offers chemical free cleaning.
- Large capacity water tank.
- Comes with useful accessories.
- Gives you a nice reach with the long cord.
- Heats up faster.
- Has a powerful jet nozzle.
- Plastic parts feel cheap.
- Steam doesn’t get hot enough.
5. Best Shampooer: Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe
This product is yet another cleaning tool for carpets and upholstery from the Hoover Production Company. The dual Nozzle delivers an adequate suction that removes stains and dirt from surfaces evenly and quickly. Purchase one of these machines today at an affordable price for an amazing experience.
Hoover steamer features a compact and lightweight design to ease its operation. Its design is simple but operational. Each product weighs up to 19 pounds. A full pack comes with a crevice tool, Upholstery tool, sample bottle of solution and stair tool.
- It features a smart tank system that is fast to empty, clean, and fills.
- It comes with separate dual tanks that separate dirty from clean water.
- Dimensions are 21.2 by 14.2 by 22.9 inches.
- Hoover manufacturers also include an automatic detergent mixing for amazing cleaning experience.
- Ideal for deep cleaning your carpets.
- Provides even cleaning.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Comes with cleaning accessories.
- Works well on stubborn stains.
- Easy to fill and empty the tank.
- Doesn’t dry excess water.
6. Best Handheld: LIGHT N EASY All-in-one
This product is the best steam cleaner for carpets and upholstery from the LIGHT N EASY Production Company. It features a hand-held unit and perfectly works in different floors. The machine has an inbuilt automatic steam control sensor for easy operation.
It is compact and lightweight to ease its operation and storage. They are all-purpose and comfortably operates in different floors. In addition to that, it is readily available at an affordable price.
- Each item weighs up to 4.9 lbs.
- It has a maximum volume of 11.5 ounces.
- The manufacturers offer a one-year warranty on the item.
- They are multi-purpose and deliver excellent services in multiple floors.
- It is compact to save on space.
- Offers multi-purpose cleaning.
- Lightweight and simple to use.
- You can set steam to medium low or high.
- Has a mart sensor and switch.
- Sometimes Inconsistent steam.
7. Best for Spot Cleaning: Bissell 3624 SpotClean Portable Cleaner
This product is the last item from our list, and it is from the Bissell Production Company. Bissell manufacturers are popularly known for coming up with great items. And when it comes to this steam cleaner for carpets and upholstery, things are not different. It combines style and functionality. As a result of that, the machine not only looks great but operates effectively. Keep your carpet spotless with this product.
Bissell steam cleaner features a simple but effective design. It is black machine that is compact to ease its portability and storage. The machine delivers professional carpet cleaning and leaves your floor spotless. In addition to that, they are price-friendly.
- Each item weighs up to 13.2 pounds.
- It is compact and saves on storage space.
- They are durable and reliable.
- These cleaners deliver professional cleaning to your carpet.
- Works well on tough stains.
- Has a long power cord.
- Great for hard to reach areas.
- Offers versatile cleaning.
- Powerful and portable cleaner.
- Designed with a large water tank.
- Hose breaks with ease.
8. Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Steam Cleaner
Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable is another great product from Bissell. It can provide an intense cleaning as it comes with very powerful suction.
This steam cleaner removes stains and dirt from even the toughest spots like under the couch and carpets as well. The machine has a unique feature for stains, which is named as 3″ tough stain tool. The bissel multi purpose steam portable mop can help you get rid of the grossest stains and molds you can find in the remotest corner in your house. But most importantly, Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable is quite portable and compact, which is rare in most heavy-duty steam cleaners as they tend to be quite heavy and bulky in appearance.
You can easily clean and remove stains from a with Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable, and it is quite an affordable solution to give a makeover to your couch.
- It is quite lightweight and portable.
- Convenient to store.
- One of the most affordable steam Cleaner for couch.
- It has a large water holding capacity.
9. Hoover Spotless Portable
Hoover Spotless Portable is made quite lightweight and quite portable, but most importantly, it is is quite affordable as well. It has to be the best steam Cleaner for couch under 100 for quite a few reasons.
Firstly it can reach and remove stains virtually anywhere, be it a couch or the carpet or any other upholstery item you might want to clean off. It easily reaches to spots that you would not have been able to clean otherwise. You can clean off stains with its 5ft hose, so it is quite flexible as you do not have to be near the vacuum cleaner to clean your couch. It has a self-cleaning feature, which make sure to clean the hose by itself after each. What is more impressive is that it has got two tanks on it despite coming into such a low price, and its water holding capacity is also 36 ounces. It is no less than steam cleaners that might cost nearly double as the Hoover Spotless Portable.
- Extremely affordable.
- Quite lightweight.
- Works great on removing the pet strains.
- It works fine on both carpet and hardwood as well.
- Not made for cleaning a large room.
10. Bissell Big Green Steam Cleaner
Bissell Big Green is a fully professional-grade steam Cleaner for couch for you if you are willing to spend some bucks. Not everyone should agree with me, but if something is going cut ⅓ of my cleaning time, especially when it comes to something like cleaning couch and other upholstery items, I would invest in it! Once you have dealt with the initial shock of its price, you will be amazed to see exactly how well made this best steam cleaner for the couch is.
It can store as much as 1.75 gallons, which is 5 to 6 times more than any other steam cleaner for the couch you are going to find. The power cord is a staggering 25 ft, so you will be able to clean around anywhere in your room and even under the couches with quite ease.
- It does not require any assembly
- The water tank capacity is upto the professional mark
- Extraordinary cord length
- The warranty is up to 5 years
- Quite costly.
Things To Consider When Buying the Best Carpet And Upholstery Steam Cleaner
It is no secret that a steam cleaner for carpets and upholstery is an important part of your everyday indoor cleaning. The machine guarantees souped-up hygiene in your house. However, before you decide on investing in any of these machines, read through this buying guide to settle for a great item that is worthy of your money.
Thanks to the variety of items in the market today, you have a wide variety of options when it comes to purchasing a steam cleaner for carpets and upholstery. The versatility of a carpet and upholstery steam cleaner makes it worthy of your money.
Some of these products not only clean carpets and upholstery but also other floors, windows, and other parts of the house. In regards to that, check out the products in the market today and understand which offer best suits you. It is advisable to get something with a heap of benefits.
Size and Load
Carpet and upholstery steam cleaners come in a variety of sizes, shape, and weight. Different models feature different weights. Before settling for any item, make sure to pay close attention to its dimensions and weight.
And you can easily figure out if the load is manageable or impossible to handle. In case you prefer dealing with lightweight cleaning tools, make sure to settle for a lightweight machine, and its vice versa is also true. Another important feature to consider is the size. Make sure whatever you buy can comfortably keep up with the space in your storage room.
Size of the Water Tank
Since we are dealing with steam, the machine has a water tank. And steam will be present if only water is present. Different cleaners feature different water tanks sizes.
Some steam cleaners for carpets and upholstery has small tanks that need refilling now and then while others have huge tanks that last longer before the next refill. Decide your preference size and make sure to check out this feature before settling for any product.
If one of your biggest concern is noise, then it is only fair you keep this feature in mind before investing in any item. Some machines can be pretty much loud, especially during operation. However, others can quieter during operation. Check out people’s reviews and this feature before deciding on an item.
Ease of Operation
In most cases, lighter steam cleaner for carpets and upholstery are easy to use than heavier objects. Why not when the lighter ones give you the comfort of a lifetime. Nevertheless, heavier steamers are better in operation. Choose your most-comfortable product for high-quality services.
What to Consider Before Buying a Couch Steam Cleaner
Does it have Continuous Refill?
Why did we feature continuous refill in the very first of our steam Cleaner for couch buying guide? Well, that is because having a continuous refill feature will ensure you do not need to stop in the middle of your cleanups to refill the water tanks. So having a continuous refill option will make sure that you do not need to stop as it will come with two different tanks and a large water holding capacity. Having two different tanks will save the time for the water to be boiled as it can boil the steam right into the tanks as you refill; the steam cleaner’s continuous refill feature will do its work and make the steam ready for cleaning in just a matter of seconds.
How much is the Heat-Up Time?
You can have the best steam cleaner in the world, but if it doesn’t heat the steam for cleaning quickly, it does not matter that much. If the steam cleaner you are getting can heat the steam pretty quickly, say within 8-10 minutes, then it is the ideal heat-up time. You should go for that particular unite given that you have spent your time on considering other features.
Maybe you are wondering what difference a few minutes might make, and does it matter whether it is getting the steam ready within 5 minutes or 20? Well, it does a lot when it comes to domestic chores. Most of our schedule is so jam-packed that we struggle to get any time for ourselves to do the cleaning, let alone. So it is quite challenging to set apart some time for cleaning your upholstery item, and if the cleaner itself making a great delay, then it can create disorientation in your original plan for the day.
How much is the Steam Pressure?
When it comes to the steam pressure of the steam cleaners, it is not necessarily the higher, and more steam pressure always ensures better steam cleaning. You instead need a steam cleaner that is able to provide a much more consistent steam pressure for a better steam cleaning for your couch. If the steam cleaners pressure isn’t that much consistent despite being quite high psi, it does not matter at all. You would do somewhat better with a steam cleaner that has a moderate steam pressure but does not swing widely and have a better consistency.
Is it quiet?
It is often overlooked, but does the steam cleaner you are getting is quiet or not? If you get an excellent and well-made steam Cleaner for the couch, but it made so much noise that toddlers wake up from sleep and people think something sinister going on in your house, it might not just be the best fit!
Steam cleaner for carpets and upholstery are important when it comes to indoor floor cleaning. However, getting the right product is the real deal. And that is where the details above come to your rescue. All the items in the list above are worthy of your money.
However, with the minor differences between these items, you can settle for your most-preferred product. To make purchasing easy, this piece also explains things you should keep in mind when buying these steam cleaners for carpets and upholstery. Consider the details above and easily purchase an amazing product.