Having mold on your walls and ceilings is unpleasant, unhealthy, and unwelcome to your home. It will take an inch of your painted walls to make it home and grow before discovering an entire top corner of your home blackened with fungus.
Finding mold on your walls is certain to give you a headache. The unexpected patches of mold on your walls reduce the value and overall demand of your property and indicate water damage to your home and pose a serious health problem for you and your family. If you want to avoid the troubles and protect your health and the integrity of your living space, you should take a quick and efficient measure at the first signs of mold growth.
How to Remove Mold from Painted Walls?
You can easily clean mold the help of everyday household goods. Before cleaning mold from your walls, you have to fix the source of the problem and remove the mold before they have spread over a larger area. On the other hand, you need to get rid of the harmful microorganisms before they have caused any serious damage to your family and home.
Why does the mold grow?
Wherever mold can grow in your home, moisture is abundant, particularly when it’s allowed to stay for extended periods. Usually, molds become visible on your walls, ceilings, and floors of homes where moisture management is not best.
Particularly, basements, shower walls, and windowsills are the common areas where mold commonly grow to live.
You will know that there could be one or more reasons behind the growth of mold buildup in your homes, such as leakages, condensation, or high humidity levels. These are the significant causes of mold in the house. For this problem, you have to open your windows for a long time and keep your front door or kitchen door open for a little while during the day.
Some times molds can turn into highly toxic to people if it left to prosper. Mold can be the cause of allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory complications. It is a risk for small children as well as older people and those who have existing respiratory illnesses with weakened immune systems.
How to remove mold?
Having mold in your walls always makes you worry, and it makes you think about how to remove it. Just follow our given instructions carefully. When you are using the specially formulated mold, mildew cleaners take care to protect yourself by wearing eye protection, gloves, and a face mask. Please test the product in a small area first before continuing.
Remove mold by using Bleach
Bleach is the best option for the removal of mold, which is available in your home, or you can manage it easily. It is not only the right cleaning product but also kills the mold and bacteria. You use it as a good sanitizer that prevents mold from returning. Before using Bleach, you will need some equipment.
Here’s what you’ll need.
Gloves, mask to tie over your nose and mouth, bucket, Bleach it you can manage chlorine bleach is a good option, water, cotton cloth, and a ladder.
Firstly, please put on the gloves, it serves as protection for your skin as too close with bleach can cause skin irritation or burning; cover your nose and mouth with a mask and make a solution of one part bleach and ten parts water in your bucket. It is also an excellent idea to keep all the windows open for maximum ventilation.
Next, take the cloth and dip it into the solution and squeeze it gently to remove the excess water. Getting up on your ladder, wipe away the mold area from your painted walls and ceiling. Try to avoid using too much force to ensure damage-free wall and ceiling cleaning. If it is hard to reach places or intricate areas, you can use an old toothbrush to clean. Make a fresh solution if the water gets too dirty.
After processing this method, take a dry cloth and press it against the moist areas to soak up as much moisture as possible. Don’t use plain water to rinse the wall as the bleach acts as a sanitizer.
Remove with Vinegar
Many people choose vinegar over bleach or other chemicals. It is 100% natural and safe to use on your walls. Vinegar does not make any damage to your painted wall like most chemicals do. It can kill and prevent future mold growth. When you are going to clean mold from the walls with vinegar, get these items and follow the steps: Ladder, spray bottle, white distilled vinegar, scrubbing brush, plain water, and clean cloths.
Firstly, take vinegar into the dry spray bottle and spray the vinegar a good amount on to the mold-infested areas. Let them sit for an hour before you go on to the next step.
Next, you will need to use a clean cloth soaked in plain water, and wipe away the mold from the walls. You may use a scrubbing brush with solid hair as it is more effective in removing hardened fungus and stains also.
Lastly, use a dry cotton cloth to soak up moisture. During this process, keep the windows open to allow the vinegar smell to go out. To prevent mold growth, spray once or twice a week using the same vinegar in the bottle where mold is likely to grow.
Use mold removing spray
It is better and safe to use mold removing spray that is available in the markets. Mold remover spray is great for quick fixes, and it is able to remove mold from the walls within 15 seconds after application. This spray is easy to use and can be used on most surfaces, including concrete, drywall, tiling, grout, vinyl and silicon to remove mold. These products make your home safer and look cleaner than ever before.
To control moisture is the best way to prevent growing mold in your walls. So fix the water problems and water leaks as soon as possible. Keep clean and dry any damp or wet building materials to prevent mold growth. Make a good ventilation system in large appliances, such as washer/dryers and your bathroom and kitchen. If it is possible, use air conditioners and dehumidifiers.