Are you looking for the best broom for dog hair on hardwood floors? Not all brooms are made equal. So are the dog breeds. They don’t just shed the same amount of pet hair. So if you own a specific type of dog breed that sheds much more hairs than any other kinds, ordinary brooms may become an utter failure to clean up pet hairs, now as much as you love your sweet little puppy, collecting the pet hairs that are hiding into the remotest corners of the house may soon become a real mess to clean.
Also flying pet hairs around can quickly become a health hazard as well. So to equip you with the best broom for dog hair on hardwood & carpet floor, here are our top 7 picks so that you could make your job easier.
- 1 What is The Best Broom for Dog Hair on Hardwood & Carpet Floors for You
- 2 Top 7 Best Broom for Dog Hair on Hardwood & Carpet Floors 2021
- 2.1 1. Best Overall: Evriholder Sw-250I-Amz-6
- 2.2 2. Best for Performance: Bissell Lightweight Pet Hair Broom
- 2.3 3. Best Dust Mop: Nine Forty 24 Inch Duster Broom Set
- 2.4 4. Best Rubber Broom: Pet Buddies FurStatic Pet Haire Broom
- 2.5 5. Best Broom with Squeegee: Fur Buster Rubber Broom with Squeegee
- 2.6 6. Best DustPan and Broom: TreeLen Dust Pan and Broom
- 2.7 7. Best for Large Areas: RAVMAG Rubber Broom
- 3 What to look before choosing the best rubber broom for pet hair
- 4 Conclusion
What is The Best Broom for Dog Hair on Hardwood & Carpet Floors for You
How to choose the best broom for dog hair on hardwood floors? Rubber broom, dust pan or duster brooms – which one will select? All you have to do is choose the one that will best meet your needs.
- Best Overall: Evriholder Sw-250I-Amz-6
“It has been able to provide so much advanced cleaning performance on such a ridiculously affordable price that it sounds almost too good to be even real.”
- Best for Performance: Bissell Lightweight Pet Hair Broom
“If you have a pet that sheds a hell lot of hairs, Bissell Lightweight Pet Hair Broom is something you can’t afford to miss out.”
- Best Dust Mop: Nine Forty 24 Inch Duster Broom Set
“Nine Forty 24 Inch Broom Set is a highly effective broom for giving the hardwood a gentle cleaning and trapping other particles like sand along with the pet hairs.”
- Best Rubber Broom: Pet Buddies FurStatic Pet Hair Broom
“Pet buddies provide a better solution for cleaning both the floors and also the ceiling as well with its adjustable handle.”
- Best Broom with Squeegee: Fur Buster Rubber Broom with Squeegee
“Works great to wipe away liquid spills on tile, concrete, or any hardwood surface such as patio decks or interior flooring.”
- Best DustPan and Broom: TreeLen Dust Pan and Broom
“Perfect for sweeping and long handle allow you to Stand upright for comfortable sweeping.”
- Best for Large Areas: RAVMAG Rubber Broom
“Ravmag’s large rubber broom will get your floors cleaner than ever with less time and less effort to do it.”
Top 7 Best Broom for Dog Hair on Hardwood & Carpet Floors 2021
1. Best Overall: Evriholder Sw-250I-Amz-6
Do you have hardwood flooring in your house? Do you also happen to have quite a lot of carpets at your home? Well, then your home might as well become one of the largest stockpiles of pet hairs due to the fact they hide very deep into carpets and impossible to clean them with regular brooms.
Here is the Evriholder Sw-250I-Amz-6, it is a rubber broom so you can already guess it can trap hair, dirt, and debris despite the fact they will be hiding really deep and seemingly irretrievable. It is believed to the one the best broom for dog hair on hardwood floors in business due to its capacity of trapping and drawing out a massive number of the hidden pet hairs and ability to cover a huge area. So you will be quickly finishing your business at hand have some time for you, finally.
- Handles dirt well.
- Much quicker clean up and covers a bigger area.
- The telescopic handle makes it very convenient to have.
- Comes with a very high-quality squeegee.
- It doesn’t catch or wet itself if the floor is wet.
- The handle could be a problem.
2. Best for Performance: Bissell Lightweight Pet Hair Broom
The chances are that you may already own a vacuum from the Bissell, don’t you? Even if you don’t you might have heard about all the legendary models of Bissell vacuum cleaner that are still considered to be an industry leader as well. So if the vacuum giant is making some brooms, you can bet they will be trying to keep their high standard and signature quality here as well. So did them with this Lightweight Pet Hair Broom.
It comes with rubber bristles for maximum convenience like many other rubber brooms. But Bissell did something very different with this broom for dog hair than other brooms is that you can retract and use it as a standard broom as well. Also, it is much easier and takes less to store now. It is quite ideal for pet owners who have smaller apartments, but it does just fine for larger apartments as well.
- It is very lightweight and easy on the hands.
- Takes less space to store.
- The handle is adjustable to different heights of people.
- Great for hardwood and various other different surfaces.
- The handle could become unreliable after using for a certain period.
3. Best Dust Mop: Nine Forty 24 Inch Duster Broom Set
If you love stuff that made in the USA, then you will be undoubtedly delighted to meet the next pick on our list of top best broom for dog hair on hardwood floors. So far we have only seen the brooms with rubber bristle. Rubber bristle is all good and shiny for cleaning the hardwood. But this time we are featuring the made in USA industrial-grade cleaner for pet owners with hardwood floors.
Its mop head is made of 100% USA made cotton which is very durable and also covers a twice as much place as other brooms you might find.
- It’s made with cotton material and quite good for cleaning hardwood with care.
- The mop head is quite durable.
- It covers a much larger area.
- The height is adjustable depending on the use.
- The cost is a bit high.
4. Best Rubber Broom: Pet Buddies FurStatic Pet Haire Broom
Cleaning the pet hairs is one hassle, but we will go through it for the sake of our little pets that can’t do anything about the way they are. But what about cleaning the broom itself? It may sound what can go wrong when cleaning a broom, but a lot of things can go wrong.
For some brooms, cleaning it with the water and soap might not be enough. For some, cleaning with soap is not recommended. Meet Pet Buddies Fur Static Pet Hair Broom, an one of any kind rubber broom that can cover different surfaces including the hardwood floor. You can clean it directly with the soap and water and store it away after washing.
- The bristles are electrostatic.
- It can be washed with soap and dishwasher as well.
- The dust doesn’t float around during the cleaning.
- The handle is adjustable.
- The cost is a bit high.
5. Best Broom with Squeegee: Fur Buster Rubber Broom with Squeegee
Fur Buster Rubber Broom with Squeegee from Foxtrot may like just another rubber for the pet hair, but in practice, it differs significantly than many other rubber brooms. To talk about the rubber, the bristles here are way more versatile than your average electrostatic bristles.
You can use it for cleaning virtually anywhere in the house from the carpets to the window. Yes, it is possible to have a perfect cleaning of the windows apart from the pet hairs in the carpet due to the built-in squeegee it comes with. And other cleaning pet hairs and other dirt from your hardwood floor, it is also able to clean the tiles floor just fine.
- It is quite an affordable rubber broom.
- Versatile cleaning from hardwood floor to tiles floor to the window.
- Able to catch different dirt particles other than the pet hairs.
- You can wash it with soap.
- Bit falls behind when cleaning the carpets.
6. Best DustPan and Broom: TreeLen Dust Pan and Broom
Most of the pet lovers are sensible persons who love nature as much as they love their pets. Because as humans, we have inflicted so much waste and pollution into the earth, it might not stay even eligible for living by the turn of the century. So if you are among those who care and worry about what condition we are leaving behind for the next generation, TreeLen Dust Pan and Broom is a great eco-friendly product that has been made by recycling bottles.
Other than being made of recycles materials, this broom is quite handy to use for the cleaning up of a house that owns more than a few dogs. It is very much suitable for cleaning the hardwood floors as the bristles are gentle and won’t damage it. Another significant advantage of using this Treelen dustpan and broom is that it won’t be spreading it if the floor is wet as it doesn’t absorb the water.
- Comes with a dustpan for a better dirt collecting.
- It doesn’t spread or absorb the water.
- The bristles are great for hardwood.
- The storage is easy and flexible.
- The dustpan is a bit frustrating to use.
7. Best for Large Areas: RAVMAG Rubber Broom
The last broom on our list of all the best broom for dog hair on hardwood floors, the RAVMAG rubber broom is quite an advanced broom to have at your disposal.
It is well made and well equipped to cleaner across several different surfaces. Also, it’s functionality doesn’t just stop at trapping dog hairs, it is also very much able to clean a wide range of dirt and debris. Also, the squeegee is quite helpful to do cleaning everything from the floor to the windows. Overall the RAVMAG rubber broom is quite a versatile one to have.
- Very good at covering tighter spaces.
- Comes with a built in squeegee.
- It can clean the windows as well.
- No dust floating around when cleaning.
- Its price is a bit higher.
What to look before choosing the best rubber broom for pet hair
Look, there are no shorts, some brooms available there in the market. But how to know which one is best? Or what even makes them the best broom for dog hair on hardwood floors in the first place? Well, that precisely what you are going to learn right now, and you will understand what to look before choosing the best rubber broom for pet hair before even finishing reading through the whole article.
What dog breed do you own?
Yes, it is quite essential to know exactly what breed your little puppy belongs to before even starting to look for the best broom for hardwood floors and pet hair. Because without it, you won’t be able to determine what or which broom will be the best. The broom will need to be able to trap a larger amount or pet hair to moderate capacity, depending on the breed. If your broom isn’t capable of doing so, the whole purpose of buying a broom becomes redundant.
The bristle material
The capacity of trapping the dirt and pet hairs will depend mostly on its bristle as this is the part that will come into direct contact with the hairs. So it needs to be durable and able to catch dirt. But it can’t be so harsh that it might ruin your hardwood flooring. The bristles must be durable also soft enough for using them into various delicate flooring materials such as the hardwood, marble, and porcelain. Many brooms might use plastic bristles, which is fine, but rubber brooms are better at trapping much more pet hair due to its electrostatic nature.
Type and length of the broom’s handle
The next most important thing is to understand which type of broom handle is better suitable for your cleaning purpose. Every other person and household needs different types of cleaning, and where one house may be better off with telescoping wands, another house might do as good with the regular fixed handles. However, do keep in mind that it also depends on how you sweep as well — feeling surprised? Well, it makes sense because telescopic handles are designed a bit more complex, the durability of its joints will depend a lot on how forcefully you sweep as well.
Ease of storing
People often overlook this, but it is quite crucial whether the broom is easily storable or not because many houses don’t have that much of space. And the broom might not look that much of a figure. But in many homes, it may be quite challenging to store when it’s not in use. You may opt for a broom with collapsible handles if you lack the facility of extra storage.
Some brush will have accessories, and some brush will not have anything extra on it. But if you are getting some additional useful accessories that will help you keep your hardwood floor clean off the pet hairs when purchasing, why shouldn’t you take it? Like the squeegee. It will help you pick up other larger and different debris like sands and some nasty tea grinds.
So check out whether the broom for dog hair you are purchasing comes with accessories. It’s not necessarily the indicator of being the best broom for dog hair on hardwood floors, but it will undoubtedly impact your cleaning nonetheless.
It’s the small things and attention to details which makes the best broom for dog hair on hardwood floors, like many things in our life. They can catch even the tiniest of the dirt from the remotest corner is what makes them worth buying. We sincerely hope that our Top 7 best broom for dog hair on hardwood floors did help you to pick one or a few if necessary.