Cleaning a gutter is a risky job. If you are living in a single-story building, it is still easy to clean. You can get done with it with a ladder and other gutter cleaning tools you have. But when you are living in a two-story house or above, a ladder is of no use.
Instead, it turns to a thing that can cause fatal accidents. Stay away from risking yourself while cleaning the gutter. Use the best tools and make your life easy. What are the best tools, have a look below.
- 1 What is the Best Gutter Cleaning Tools for 2 Story & 3 Story House
- 2 Top Rated and Best Gutter Cleaning Tools for 2 Story House
- 2.1 1. Orbit 58543 Telescoping Gutter Cleaning Wand (Best Overall)
- 2.2 2. Melnor 65059-AMZ Extreme Cleaning Wand (Best Budget Gutter Cleaner)
- 2.3 3. GutterMaster Classic House Gutter Cleaner (Long Gutter Cleaner)
- 2.4 4. Gutter Viper Tool (Gutter Cleaning Tools without Ladder)
- 2.5 5. LATIBELL Pressure Washer Extension Wand (Best Pressure Washer Extension Wand)
- 2.6 6. iRobot Looj 330 (Best Gutter Cleaning Robot)
- 2.7 7. GutterProVac 40ft Equipment for Wet/Dry Vacuums (Gutter Cleaning Tools for 3 Story House)
- 2.8 8. Buyplus Gutter Cleaning Tool (Best for Multi Purpose Use)
- 2.9 9. WORX WA4092 Gutter Cleaning Tools (Best Kit for Leaf Blowers)
- 2.10 10. Ezy Flo High Reach (Best Value)
- 3 2 Story House Gutter Cleaning Tools Buying Guide
- 4 FAQs
- 4.1 How do you clean gutters on a two story house?
- 4.2 How do you clean third floor gutters?
- 4.3 How do you clean second story gutters without a ladder?
- 4.4 Why do we need Gutter Cleaning tools for 2 story House?
- 4.5 How much does it cost to clean gutters on a two story house?
- 4.6 How to Clean Gutters on a Two Story House with gutter cleaning robot
- 4.7 How to clean gutter with pressure washer
- 4.8 What do professionals use to clean gutters?
- 4.9 How do you clean gutters I can’t reach?
- 5 Final Words
What is the Best Gutter Cleaning Tools for 2 Story & 3 Story House
It’s important to know the best tools for cleaning gutters, especially if you have a 2-story house. It is not enough to just get out the ladder and do your best with a bucket of water. There are many different types of gutter cleaning tools that can make your job much easier! In this article we will explore some of the best equipment available on the market today.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: Orbit 58543 Telescoping Gutter Cleaning Wand
“The combo of four position head and swivel nozzle is impressive. You get to move the head in four different angles from 25 to 90 degrees, and the nozzle takes a full 180-degree turn.”
- Best Budget Gutter Cleaner: Melnor 65059-AMZ Extreme Cleaning Wand
“360-degree rotating spray head reaches the areas that are impossible to clean. Fan-like spray pattern from the head with the apt water pressure cleans the gutter real quick.”
- Long Gutter Cleaner: GutterMaster Classic House Gutter Cleaner
“Easy to reach and clean the two stories high gutter with it. No ladder is needed as the pole itself is long enough and add to that the 5 to 12 feet pole extension.”
- Gutter Cleaning Tools without Ladder: Gutter Viper Tool
“It is a tool to attach with a leaf blower to blow the leaves and clean the heavy, wet debris. Even with a small electric leaf blower, it will cut the gutter cleaning hours into half.”
- Best Pressure Washer Extension Wand: LATIBELL Pressure Washer Extension Wand
“The maximum working pressure is 5000 PSI. It is known for cleaning dirt and grime from the toughest of surfaces.”
- Best Gutter Cleaning Robot: iRobot Looj 330
“The high-velocity four-stage auger splits and cleans the gutter to absolute perfection. Just put it on the gutter, and it will travel auto in there and blast the dirt through the auger neat.”
- Gutter Cleaning Tools for 3 Story House: GutterProVac 40ft Equipment for Wet/Dry Vacuums
“Even though it has so many extensions to join, yet it is easy to assemble and very light to carry. This almost three-story high vacuum pole can be comfortably held even if you are standing on the ground.”
- Best for Multi Purpose Use: Buyplus Gutter Cleaning Tool
“The flexible wand and adjustable copper nozzle reach the hard to reach spots. Its tip can be rotated, and it provides five types of water flow.”
- Best Kit for Leaf Blowers: WORX WA4092 Gutter Cleaning Tools
“No matter what leaf blower you have gas-powered, electric, or cordless, this attachment fits them all. So, if you have a leaf blower, make use of it to clean the gutter with WORX WA4092.”
- Best Value: Ezy Flo High Reach
“The radial brush it comes with works wonder. Some dirt needs a thorough scrub, and this brush cleans those stains efficiently.”
Top Rated and Best Gutter Cleaning Tools for 2 Story House
1. Orbit 58543 Telescoping Gutter Cleaning Wand (Best Overall)
- Manufacturer: Orbit
- Weight: 1.3 Pounds
- Rotates 180 degrees
- Easily extends from 40 inches to 70 inches
Orbit 58543 is a metal gutter cleaning wand with a zinc sweeper nozzle. The pole extends from a moderate 40 to a long 70 inches. So, reaching the gutter of the roof is easy with it. Too easy even if you are on the ground, and the gutter is way above you.
Then come the head and nozzle. It has a ratcheting head that can be moved from a 20 to a 90-degree angle. You have four different angles to move it.
Add the 180-degree rotating head with it. And the power of that combo becomes lethal. Even the hardest of dirt is cleaned from the toughest to reach spot possible.
It has a padded grip on its non-corrosive construction. Holding it up for a long time is not an issue as it is lightweight. The comfy grip insulates your hand if the water is too cold.
- Light, easy to grip and non-corrosive.
- Long pole extends from 40 to 70 inches.
- Zinc nozzle turns a 0 to 180-degree.
- Sturdy, lasts for years.
- Move the spare head up and down from 25 to 90 degrees.
- Not strong enough to clean clogged gutter.
2. Melnor 65059-AMZ Extreme Cleaning Wand (Best Budget Gutter Cleaner)
- Manufacturer: Melnor
- Weight: 1.5 Pounds
- Easily extends from 40″ To 72″
- Rotates 360 degrees
This one is also a telescoping wand like the previous one. The pole can be extended to 40 to 72” real smooth. It has aluminum construction. Thus it is sturdy and will work for you for a long time. The 7-year limited warranty on it says a lot about how long the cleaning wand is going to last.
Reaching the hard to clean areas was never this easy. The reason is its 360-degree swivel spray head. You can turn the head holding the wand straight and clean the debris with the maximum water pressure.
Not just that, the head spray water in a flat fan-like pattern. It turns into a liquid broom that cleans the narrow corners.
The wand includes a quick connect adapter. Connect or disconnect the watering tools in no time with its quick-connect system.
- Aluminum body with non-slip foam grip.
- A 360-degree rotating spray head.
- The flat fan-like spray pattern.
- Pole extends from 40 to 72 inches.
- Comes with a 7-year warranty.
- Leaks from the handle grip.
3. GutterMaster Classic House Gutter Cleaner (Long Gutter Cleaner)
We have this anodized aircraft-grade aluminum pole that can be extended within a range of 5-12 feet. Just extend to the desired length and lock it with the twist collar. You can do it in a snap, and it will not loosen or budge a bit.
Though it is long and sturdy, yet it is light to the hand when carrying it for long cleaning sessions.
Hold it comfortably with its non-slip foam grip. You do not need to worry whether it is going to feet your garden hose or not. It fits just right in all the standard garden hoses.
The threaded nozzle fits any type of spray head, but you need to buy them separately. Water pressure is enough to clean a gutter and unclog it without putting in any extra effort. You can control the water pressure as it has a water control valve that can be adjusted the way you want.
- Reaches two stories high.
- Extends from 5 to 12 feet, locks tight with the twist collar.
- High-grade aluminum built with non-slip grip.
- Easily fits any standard garden hose.
- High-pressure nozzle and a valve to control the water flow.
- Fixed nozzle.
4. Gutter Viper Tool (Gutter Cleaning Tools without Ladder)
- Manufacturer: Viper
- Weight: 3.15 Pounds
- Easily reaches up to 27 feet
- Easily cleans dry and wet debris
This one is a bit different from the above cleaning tools we reviewed. It is a leaf blower attachment.
So, if you have a powerful leaf blower and you cannot use it to clean the leaves stuck in the gutter, this is the tool you need. The attachment works with a small electric leaf blower as well.
You and the leaf blower can stay in the yard but still reach as high as 27 feet with this attachment. But for that, you will need the 23 foot Mr Long Arm painters pole.
It not only blows the leaves but also cleans the wet and heavy debris. Do not worry about a fatigued hand as both the painter’s pole and leaf blower attachment is very lightweight.
- Reaches up to 27 feet, higher than two stories.
- Cleans wet and heavy debris easily.
- Pretty flexible.
- Durable tool and fast cleaning.
- Works fine with a small electric blower.
- Need too many additional things to make it work.
5. LATIBELL Pressure Washer Extension Wand (Best Pressure Washer Extension Wand)
- Manufacturer: LATIBELL
- Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Power source: Corded Electric
- Easy to install and disassemble.
LATIBELL Pressure Washer wand is made of brass and stainless steel. It is sturdy and withstands corrosion even after it is used with water all the time. The wand minus the curved portion is about 33cm.
The wand has a U shape on top, and it is about 7cm. This particular shape is apt for reaching the tough to clean spots. The 1/4 inch wand head supports almost all types of spray nozzles. So, you can use different nozzles to clean different types of dirt and stain.
If you have the washer gun, then forget all the struggle of holding a washer wand up to clean the gutter. Even connected to a washer gun, it is easy to hold up and work with.
This washer works with a maximum pressure of 5000 PSI. Such a pressure washer is so powerful that it cleans the toughest of stains from the hardest of surfaces. So, a gutter is pretty easy to clean with it.
- Apt to use with a washer gun.
- Made of brass and stainless steel.
- Maximum working pressure 5000 PSI.
- Comes with both 1/4” quick connect male and female.
- Easy to install.
- Wand by itself not too long.
6. iRobot Looj 330 (Best Gutter Cleaning Robot)
When it is about the gutter cleaning tools, we cannot miss the gutter cleaning robot. So here we are with iRobot Looj 330. Press the button to start the robot, and it is going to blast the dirt and debris with its full force.
You will just have to put it on the narrow gutter, and it will work all by itself. To control it a bit, you can use the extra handle it comes with. This detachable handle works as a remote control when detached.
The robot works with a strong Lithium-Ion battery and in a simple one-button clean mode. When it is in the clean mode, it will sense the dirt and adapt it to clean it thoroughly.
The high-velocity four-stage auger follows four steps to cleanse the gutter. First, the breaker breaks the clogs. The ejectors throw the dirt away. Then it works further to split the tougher clogs. And the polypropylene sweepers brush the gutter. The next step is the scraper that follows behind the auger. It gives a final touch to the gutter and ensures an extra clean gutter.
- About 2-inch high and 3-inch wide.
- Four stages auger breaks and cleans the dirt in four steps.
- Works with a Lithium-Ion battery.
- One Button Clean mode.
- Cleans a 30-foot gutter within five minutes.
- Not for cleaning wet leaves.
7. GutterProVac 40ft Equipment for Wet/Dry Vacuums (Gutter Cleaning Tools for 3 Story House)
- Manufacturer: GutterProVac
- Weight: 1.6 Pounds
- 10 x 4 ft lightweight gutter cleaner
- Easily assemble with wet dry vacuum
If you are wondering whether you can vacuum clean the gutter, then here is your answer. You can, and for that, you need this attachment.
To assemble this 40 feet long pole, you get quite a few things. You have about ten 10 x 4 ft gutter poles. These are sturdy, made of aerospace aluminum. The material makes them lightweight.
Join these poles, and you get nine connector clamps for that. These are as easy to dismantle as they are to assemble.
To fit the pole to a vacuum, you get three-pole adapters. You get a U-bend made of similar material as well. You can connect these with any type of vacuum, be it wet or dry.
- A 40 feet long pole.
- Safe cleaning from the ground, up to three stories high.
- 10×4 ft Aerospace aluminum gutter poles.
- Easy to assemble due to 9 connector clamps.
- Three hose pole adapters and a U-bend.
- Burrs on the hose clamps make it a bit flimsy.
8. Buyplus Gutter Cleaning Tool (Best for Multi Purpose Use)
Let’s get back to the telescoping pole as we are reviewing the best gutter cleaning tools for 2 story house. You get a regular 26-inch pole when it collapses. But if extended, it is going to reach up to 84-inch.
Water control is crucial when it comes to cleaning gutters with water. So, this wand has a rotating tip. Due to that, the sturdy copper nozzle sprays water in different ways. And you get a ball valve too with an on-off controller. So, all in all, you will have good control over the water pressure.
The bend on the wand helps you to reach the tough spots. You can keep it straight and bend it per your need as it is flexible.
The cleaning wand fits pretty much every 3/4-inch garden hose. If not, then you get a quick-release hose connector. Use it to connect the pole to the garden hose.
- Extends from 26 to 84 inches.
- Flexible, easy to bend the pole to a full U-shape.
- Sprays water in five different ways.
- Copper nozzle with rotating tip.
- Fits standard garden hose.
- Not sturdy enough as made of plastic.
9. WORX WA4092 Gutter Cleaning Tools (Best Kit for Leaf Blowers)
- Manufacturer: Worx
- Weight: 3.31 Pounds
- Extendable up to 11 feet
- Easily connect with leaf blower
WORX WA4092 fits any and every leaf blower from the well-known brands. It channelizes the air well and offers you a premium airflow.
All the parts it comes with is easy to assemble to construct a well-designed leaf blower for the gutter. You have four poles, a U bend and also hose connectors.
When connected, this gutter cleaning kit turns into an 11 feet pole. So with it, you can easily clean the gutter at the height of up to two stories.
It is easy to hold even if the leaf blower is operating at its full speed. Not for too long, though. But it cleans the leaves and debris fast, so you do not need to work with it for long anyway.
- Fits any leaf blower easily.
- Reaches up to 11 feet high.
- Offers maximum airflow.
- Easy to assemble.
- Cannot work with it for too long, max five min.
10. Ezy Flo High Reach (Best Value)
You have this telescoping gutter cleaning pole that extends from 6 feet to 15.1 feet. Add your own height to that, and you can reach a gutter way above a two-story building.
The curved arm at the top makes the cleaning of debris in tight spots easy. It has a convenient U-shape and is easy to attach with the pole nozzle.
It is a cleaning tool with high water pressure. So to control the water flow, you have the metal valve. Put it on maximum pressure when you need to blast the leaves away and, if needed, lower the pressure adjusting the valve.
The pole comes with a radial brush. You can directly spray water with the straight nozzle or can attach the brush to it. Or you can attach the bent arm to spray water and then attach the brush with it to scrub the gutter. Use it the way you want.
- Sturdy aluminum pole with foam grip.
- Range of telescoping, 6 to 15.1 feet.
- Comes with a radial water flow brush.
- Removable U-shape arm.
- A metal valve to control water flow.
- Water pressure could have been better.
2 Story House Gutter Cleaning Tools Buying Guide
Remember, when choosing an appropriate gutter cleaning tool, think about the type of property you’re going to be using it for. For example, if it’s a comparatively small house, a fairly simple yet cost-effective tool should suffice,” comments Ruban Selvanayagam of British auctioneer Property Solvers.
A gutter cleaning tool needs some features to make your work easy.
You need a gutter cleaning tool that extends. Otherwise, you will have to use the same old ladder to reach the two-story height. If you invest in a gutter cleaning tool from ground that collapses as well as extends above two stories, you can use it in varied ways. That way, you can stay on the ground and, from there, clean the gutter. Or you can use the ladder too if you want.
A gutter is not a thing that can be cleaned easily. Only the well-designed Gutter cleaning tools for 2 story house can make your cleaning experience comfy. In that, a curved arm or u-shape wand plays an important role. It reaches the narrow gutter aptly. Missing any nook or corner is not even a question.
You do not always need high water pressure. And if the nozzle is designed to spray the water in different ways even there, the water pressure needs to be controlled. So, make sure the cleaning wand has a valve to control the water pressure.
Now, we haven’t only talked about gutter cleaning wands for garden hose. We have other tools as well, like robots and vacuum or a leaf blower attachment. Buy these attachments when you have the machine to use them. Otherwise, they will be of no use. If you have a leaf blower, then the leaf blowing attachment will provide versatility. You can clean the yard as well as the gutter with it. The same applies to the vacuum cleaner. So, invest wisely.
How do you clean gutters on a two story house?
Cleaning gutters on a two story house can be tricky. You have to make sure you’re not standing in the wrong place when you use your ladder, and that you don’t end up climbing too high. If this is more than one person job then it’s important to set up some ground rules for what order people will go when cleaning the gutters. This post has all sorts of tips and tricks for how to clean gutters on a two-story house!
You may want to think about using a long pole for your ladder. This will get you up there without too much trouble, and it’s the best way to clean gutters from higher up. You’ll need something with a hook on one end that can be used like an extension arm. The other end of this should have some sort of handle or grip so it won’t slip off when you’re trying to use it as a lance (you don’t want any accidents!)
If you are cleaning two story gutters then make sure you take safety precautions! It is important not to stand in front of the gutter while standing on the ground because if water begins rushing down, they could knock into them and cause injury–or worse.
How do you clean third floor gutters?
Cleaning third-floor gutters are challenging compared to regular ground gutters. However, with the right tools and a ladder, you can easily do it. Let’s check out the steps below.
- First, put on some working clothes, rubber gloves, and some glasses.
- Now, use the Bosun’s Chair technique to reach the gutter. You can tie a seat to a rope in Bosun’s chair and glide it down to the desired space.
- Then tie up a bucket to the rope before you slide down.
- Now, take away all the dirt and debris from the gutter and into the bucket.
Note: You can also proceed with the cleaning method with a ladder, but finding a long ladder isn’t easy. A fireman ladder will do just fine.
How do you clean second story gutters without a ladder?
Second story gutters are a pain to clean. Most people don’t have the right tools and they can be dangerous to get up on without a ladder. But there’s no need to worry because we’re going to teach you how!
The first step to cleaning second story gutters without a ladder is to make sure your ground is clear of debris and that you have enough water.
Next, pour the water into the gutter downspout. The next thing you need to do is use something like a long pole or broom handle to push as much of the leaves out of the gutter as possible.
If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to use a rake or leaf blower. Make sure the leaves are in piles and not scattered around before you try this step. If all else fails, you can always take them out piece by piece with your hand!
Why do we need Gutter Cleaning tools for 2 story House?
When you own a two story house, you need to take care of the gutters on both levels. This means that cleaning them out and removing any debris or buildup is necessary! You will also want to ensure that they are properly installed so that water can flow through them efficiently.
One of the most important things when it comes to gutter maintenance is keeping leaves out of them and from clogging up the downspouts.
When this happens, water backs up in your yard (and often into your home) causing flooding – not good for anyone!
You may be wondering why do I need tools? The answer: some people find themselves with gutters full of eaves roughing brackets or other difficult objects which require special tools to remove them.
A ladder may not be enough to get the job done or you may have a very steep roof that makes it unsafe for even the most experienced person!
How much does it cost to clean gutters on a two story house?
Gutter cleaning cost will vary depending on various factors. If you’ve got any gutter guard installed in your house, this will certainly cut off the costs.
However, the approximate cost of cleaning a two-story gutter will require around $270 -$320. The cost can also vary depending on the quality of the service. If you just clean it by yourself, the only thing that will be costly is your gutter cleaning tool. But when you’re giving it a hand cleaning, this would be absolutely for free.
How to Clean Gutters on a Two Story House with gutter cleaning robot
The easiest way to clean a two story house is to put in the gutter cleaning robot. Only you need to put it on the narrow gutter and let’s see how it works automatically.
How to clean gutter with pressure washer
Using a pressure washer for gutter cleaning work is much safer compared to any other means. The accumulated debris will blast away once the pressure washer jet begins to work.
What do professionals use to clean gutters?
More or less every professional would love to use the pressure washer rather than scoping out the mess using a trowel. Moreover, it is safe and easy to use and also a time-saver.
How do you clean gutters I can’t reach?
When the gutter is hard to reach then think about any shop vac or a wet vac with it’s attachments. Those things would be enough and won’t give you any hard time while using.
A gutter is for carrying off the rainwater. And when the gutter is clogged, it is a mess for you, your house and yard. So, instead of depending on a Pro, you can do it yourself. The money you are going to spend once on a Pro can buy you a few house gutter cleaning tools for 2 story house. These tools are a result of a proper thought process. They are all intelligently constructed.
Moreover, it is for regular people. Using them is that level easy. Use it with ease, and you will get the same outcome of a clean, unclogged gutter if a Pro cleaned it. So, invest in one without wasting any more time.