The best above ground pool covers offer plenty of benefits. You should know that the water on your pool is an ideal breeding ground for bugs, birds, and other pests. Even if you filter or run a vacuum, the dirt and other harmful bacteria will accumulate.
You definitely don’t want to swim into dead bugs, dried leaves, and all sorts of bacteria and dirt! If you let these organisms accumulate, you’re going to have to drain the entire water and refill again, which isn’t only costly but time-consuming as well. It’s for these reasons why using pool covers is a must.
The above ground pool cover will serve as a protection or barrier to your pool, preventing all those unwanted contaminants from getting into the pool water.
- 1 What is The Best Above Ground Swimming Pool Covers for You
- 2 The Best Above Ground Pool Covers in 2021
- 3 What to look for in an above ground pool cover
What is The Best Above Ground Swimming Pool Covers for You
How to choose the best above ground swimming pool covers? What features do you need to look for? All you have to do is choose the one that will best meet your needs.
- Best Overall: Blue Wave Silver Round Pool Cover
“The Blue Wave Silver Round Pool Cover is perfect for 28-ft round pools but it comes with a 4-ft overlay that helps to prevent rips and damages. All in all, the actual size of the cover is 32 feet.”
- Best Mesh Pool Cover: Robelle 3524-4 Round Winter Cover
“The price of the Robelle Round Winter Pool Cover might be a bit high, but it comes with everything that you will need from a reliable ground pool cover so it’s really worth it.”
- Best Oval Pool Cover: Robelle Cover for Oval Above Ground Pool
“The Robelle for Oval Above Ground Pool is worth looking into if you’re in need of an oval-shaped above ground pool cover. It may not have the best quality, but it has everything that you need to keep your pool protected.”
- Most versatile Above Ground Pool Cover: Blue Wave Oval Above Ground Pool Cover
“It can fit round-shaped pools with a dimension of 33 feet and comes with a 4 ft. overlay. The overall size is 37 feet and has a weight of 44 pounds.”
- Best Heavy Duty Cover: Pool Mate 5724-4 Winter Cover
“This pool cover comes with grommets that are placed every four feet and should be installed using the cable and winch.”
- Best for Intex Pool: Intex Deluxe Round Pool Cover
“The good news is that the pool cover is lightweight so it becomes easy to handle it. What you will like is that the cover is nice and big. The cover has an 8-inch overhang and this is why it is a perfect fit. It is a viable investment and will last for a significant period.”
- Best Solar Above Ground Pool Cover: Sun2Solar Blue Rectangle Solar Cover
“The Sun2Solar Rectangle Pool Cover is certainly one of the best above ground pool covers in the market. It converts UV rays into free heat and has thousands of small air bubbles to prevent water accumulation.”
The Best Above Ground Pool Covers in 2021
1. Blue Wave Silver Round Pool Cover
- Best Overall
If you are looking for a quality pool cover, then you need to invest your trust in Blue Wave Silver Round pool cover. The Blue Wave Silver cover is suitable for a pool of about 24 feet. The best part is that the cover can easily protect the pool from ice, wind, snow and the sun.
The cover can offer adequate protection from the sun because it is UV stabilized. The best part is that the cover has a black underside and it helps to prevent the algae growth.
The good news is that you can look forward to additional accessories with this pool cover. For example, you can get hold of a winch tightened and duty cable.
The material used for manufacturing this cover is Polythene Scrim and the coating provides additional protection to this cover.
- The best thing about this pool cover is that it is easy to install
- The cover is durable and will last for a long time to come
- It offers value for money
- Some people feel that the cover does not stay on the pool for long
- The instructions in the guide need to be clearer
2. Robelle 3524-4 Round Winter Cover
- Best Mesh Pool Cover
When you are looking for the best pool cover, then you should consider opting for Robelle. It is a UV-resistant polythene pool cover. You will fall in love with the imperial blue colour of this pool cover.
Since the pool cover makes use of quality heavy material, it will last longer in comparison to inferior pool covers. You will not find it a problem to get the rain off the cover. All you need to do is raise the cover and expose it to the sun. The cover gets dried in no time.
What you will appreciate about Robelle pool cover is that the scrim is nice and wide. You can clean the leaves from the cover without the need to worry about any damage.
- The cable used to secure the cover does not rust
- You get a warranty of about 10 years with this Robelle pool cover
- The cover is easy to handle
- The waterproof capability of this winter cover needs to be improved.
- Robelle cover is a bit pricey.
3. Robelle Cover for Oval Above Ground Pool
- Best Oval Pool Cover
Are you looking for above ground oval pool covers? If yes, then Robelle 371833-4 will live up to your expectations by all means. What you will like about this pool cover is that it is available in different sizes. Plus, you can get it in a range of wonderful colours.
The cover makes use of commercial grade polythene so it is bound to last for a long time to come. You will get hold of heavy-duty winches with this cover. The aspect worth appreciating is that the cover stays on with ease and it will not be a problem to keep the debris out.
- The cover is sturdy
- Robelle oval above ground pool cover is cost-friendly
- The installation is easy
- Some people feel that the cover is slightly thin
- The seams of the pool cover also need to be refined
4. Blue Wave Oval Above Ground Pool Cover
- Most versatile Above Ground Pool Cover
There is no denying the fact that investing on pool covers is a smart choice. Plus, Blue Wave Oval Above Ground Pool cover will meet your expectations. It is resistant to tears. The cover is available with 4-foot overlapping so you will not have to worry about any ripping.
The cover is available with vinyl coated cable that can hold the pool cover without a problem. You will not have to worry about algae growth as well with this pool cover. The reason is that the cover has a black underside that prevents the algae growth.
The exciting part is that there is a tie down that pulls the cover tight against the pool sides. You will not find it difficult to remove water from the cover. You can simply pump off the water.
- Offers adequate protection against wind, snow and ice
- The cover looks appealing to the eyes
- It is available with a warranty of about 15 years
- The winch and the cable are not made of superior quality material
5. Pool Mate 5724-4 Winter Cover
- Best Heavy Duty Cover
If you are looking for a classy pool cover, then Pool Mate 5724-4 will be your first choice. It is available in a classy sandstone color. The cover makes use of quality polythene. The benefit of the material is that it tends to block the debris and dirt.
You will notice the fact that all the seams are sealed. As a result, you can look forward to improved performance.
The 4-foot overlap facilitates easy installation.
- The cover is lightweight
- It is available with a warranty of 12 years
- The water tends to stay on the cover
- It is crucial that the manufacturer improves the durability of the cover
6. Intex Deluxe Round Pool Cover
- Best for Intex Pool
Well, Intex Deluxe tops the list of superior quality pool covers. It is UV resistant. The cover has special drain holes so that water will not accumulate on the cover. The pool cover is available with wind resistant clamps. The positive aspect is that the cover is of a smooth material so debris does not stick to it.
The cover is compatible with an 18-foot round pool.
- You will not find it difficult to install this pool cover
- The straps are aligned properly on the cover.
- The pool cover could have been a little bit sturdier and thicker
7. Sun2Solar Blue Rectangle Solar Cover
- Best Solar Above Ground Pool Cover
If you are looking for a pool cover designed using latest technology, then Sun2Solar should be your choice. This solar cover gets designed using thousands of tiny bubbles. These bubbles work to retain the heat in the pool during the night.
The clear color of the bubbles allow the heat to penetrate into the pool. The good news is that you can look forward to minimum water evaporation with this cover. The benefit of this practice is that you will have to fill up your pool less.
- It is very easy to put on and pull of this pool cover
- The cover gets made using durable resin material and debris will not enter the pool
- The pool cover does not slow down the algae growth
- The element of durability needs to be improved
What to look for in an above ground pool cover
When you want to buy a pool cover, then make sure that you go for a solid cover. The solid covers keep the debris out so it becomes easy to clean the pool in the spring. When you are buying a pool cover, then consider the weave count.
If the pool cover has a high weave count, then it means that it will be strong. Additionally, if the cover has an anti-rip coating, then it will add up to the durability. The grommets of the cover should have brass inserts. The benefit of the brass inserts is that they help to lock the grommets to the edge.
You also have the option to go for mesh pool covers for your pool. However, keep one thing in mind. The mesh covers are easy to clean but fine silt can pass through the cover. Another advantage of the mesh pool covers is that they are rip resistant and durable.
You can go for combination covers also for your pool. They have a strong structure with a mesh panel. Now, the debris will remain out of the pool when you go for combination cover. However, the water will enter through the pool cover.
Best way to cover the above ground pool
When you want to cover your pool in the best possible way, then make sure that you go for pool accessories also. Get hold of cover clips. The benefit of the clips is that they secure the cover in high wind.
You should also go for wall bags. The wall bags lie on your pool cover and prevent the wind whip which can end up damaging your cover. When you want to cover your pool in the best way, then do not forget to go for air pillows.
When you place an inflated air pillow under the pool cover, then it prevents the solid ice sheet from forming under the cover. Try investing in pool cover pumps as well. These pumps are helpful in removing rain water from the cover.
Make sure that you choose your pool cover from the best options suggested above. Try to assess your requirements and the features that you require in your pool cover. Next, you should shortlist the best options and compare them.
Put up questions to the manufacturer so that you end up buying the best pool cover. If you follow this approach you will not regret your purchase. Do not forget to check the warranty of the cover before the purchase. The warranty gives a reflection of the durability of the cover.
When you follow these guidelines, your cover will last long and your pool will also remain clean.